Topic: The official "Hello world" thread

Post whatever you want here, it can be a "hello world", a test post, spam (not really, I'm just joking), etc. This is mainly for users who do not oftenly use their accounts and wish to keep them, because if you do not post anything in a long time your account is deleted.

2 (edited by Archetyp 2018-03-11 18:53:11)

Re: The official "Hello world" thread

Happy holidays and a happy new year! smile

Archetyp wrote:

Happy holidays and a happy new year! :-)

Thank you. Happy Holidays. Hyperbola team

~ Jesús E.

Hello, world.

Shiny new (less than 48 hours) user with accessibility issues here, just seeing if i can post.

Megver83 wrote:

Post whatever you want here, it can be a "hello world", a test post, spam (not really, I'm just joking), etc. This is mainly for users who do not oftenly use their accounts and wish to keep them, because if you do not post anything in a long time your account is deleted.

By a long time, how much time do you mean?

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

hello

aether wrote:

hello

welcome to Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre operating system smile

~ Jesús E.

zapper wrote:

By a long time, how much time do you mean?

seems like a terribly important question, so i reported your post.

i made it very very clear that i would not normally do this, and that theres nothing actually wrong with your question. but since its more than half a year since you asked, and for all we know thats long enough to have your account deleted while asking about exactly that, i thought-- why not? cheers.

Happy holidays all!

Merry Christmas and a Happy GNU Year!

Merry Christmas!

Megver83 wrote:

Are you sure we cannot really write whatever want even if its spam? ;p

Insert sarcasm here: (__________________________________________________)

I am a newbie and I am sick of having to deal with the anti-spam measure every time I post. When will it end?

14 (edited by outtasight 2019-06-05 01:50:38)

Alas, printf! I knew him, Hello World, an ELF of infinite formatting, of most excellent echoing. And, GNU willing, mayhap I can figure out how to use forum features, like images, before I go and do it terribly wrong. And as such, I hope I could be so bold as do as such:

https://www.hyperbola.info/static/logos/hyperbola-icon-57x57.png

Hey Filip: Welcome to the forum and Hyperbola. And of course besides a warm welcome also the message from myself for help if you need something and I'm able to research for. Regarding Obarun and Manjaro: You should be able to use them. But it is a little bit more compilcated regarding Libreboot itself! I had the same issues back trying to run the first versions of Devuan (as the distribution was in Alpha- and Beta-state). You need to modify the boot-partition as otherwise Libreboot won't be able to find a concurrent point for running the installed operating-system(s) and start loading the initial bootloader.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

16 (edited by throgh 2019-12-12 23:21:27)

That brings up another idea as I've already done such things in regard to exchange the wifi-chip in a notebook from Packard-Bell - functional since then with Hyperbola and KDE as desktop-environment. If needed I can provide more information in a seperate thread. Good thought, but also a good point for help!

EDIT: No need for an explanation as the Wiki do a very good job here. cool

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

17 (edited by throgh 2019-12-14 11:33:08)

Hmm, haven't done this here and I think it is just nice for everyone to know each other better: So hello everyone here. My name is Tobias and I live in Germany. I'm around for nine years now using GNU/Linux as main operating-system and more than 20 years from today I had the first tryout for GNU/Linux together with my dad. This was on SUSE Linux 6.0. After a long session with try and error we had the X-server up and running: Grey background and some eyes following the mouse-cursor, nothing more. But hey, who said the start should be easy? smile We had no further clue what to do and therefore left Linux again for the time being. Nevertheless I was fascinated by the idea and had further looks onto different distributions: Corel Linux, Slackware and SUSE Linux with version  10.1.

Windows stayed as main operating-system for me most the time until 2010 as I've had enough from Microsoft, their decisions and the enforced acceptance for me as "customer" not "user" or even "human being" - just some kind of "product". So after another search while GNU/Linux was until then just experimental from time to time and more concentrated on server-environments, I had a look onto Ubuntu and this was my personal breakthrough. And yes I've done also changes for the used distribution: From Ubuntu to elementaryOS, then more into Debian and after this Devuan as I had also enough accepting decisions from some authority above. Getting more into free, libre software with every step taken and after using Trisquel and Parabola I came up here in 2017. And I prefer to stay, doing as much as possible Hyperbola can stay!

So this was my personal story behind using GNU/Linux until today. smile

ok hi everyone i am also "Librecat" on IRC
your project attracted me for its higher standard for freedom and also for minimalisim I cant wait for hyperbolabsd and i have been using Gnu+Linux for 3 years exactly

https://i.postimg.cc/BjJ4jQ6h/Screenshot-2020-10-23-22-08-47-103-moe-feng-nhentai.png
should i make the hyperbola one?

throgh wrote:

Hmm, haven't done this here and I think it is just nice for everyone to know each other better: So hello everyone here. My name is Tobias and I live in Germany. I'm around for nine years now using GNU/Linux as main operating-system and more than 20 years from today I had the first tryout for GNU/Linux together with my dad. This was on SUSE Linux 6.0. After a long session with try and error we had the X-server up and running: Grey background and some eyes following the mouse-cursor, nothing more. But hey, who said the start should be easy? smile We had no further clue what to do and therefore left Linux again for the time being. Nevertheless I was fascinated by the idea and had further looks onto different distributions: Corel Linux, Slackware and SUSE Linux with version  10.1.

Windows stayed as main operating-system for me most the time until 2010 as I've had enough from Microsoft, their decisions and the enforced acceptance for me as "customer" not "user" or even "human being" - just some kind of "product". So after another search while GNU/Linux was until then just experimental from time to time and more concentrated on server-environments, I had a look onto Ubuntu and this was my personal breakthrough. And yes I've done also changes for the used distribution: From Ubuntu to elementaryOS, then more into Debian and after this Devuan as I had also enough accepting decisions from some authority above. Getting more into free, libre software with every step taken and after using Trisquel and Parabola I came up here in 2017. And I prefer to stay, doing as much as possible Hyperbola can stay!

So this was my personal story behind using GNU/Linux until today. smile

To be honest, I wish I had went to linux before 2010, but meh... it is what it is, I actually left around windows 8.1, and I became very suspicious when I noticed the ram was getting eaten twice as much from 8.0 to 8.1.

That's what made me look into ditching windows as a whole.  I first tried Fedora, then, debian, then trisquel, then debian again, then devuan, trisquel i went back to, then parabola then trisquel for a while, then Hyperbola and a few of the others beforehand, trisquel, then when Hyperbola 0.2 came out and I asked for help on some things, I finally realized why I couldn't install Hyperbola, it was a silly thing that was causing it to fail. I installed it and from then on, I never looked back for most of my laptops now use Hyperbola. smile

21 (edited by rachad 2020-12-20 17:02:04)

well hello Real Humans,
i was called rachad wen i was born i have 25 years and 9 months in this world in a place they call Algeria i live, a truth seeker,
like to give others what i like to get for my self, stoped using windows and gaming steam and all others... maybe just 3 years ago,
i dont know much about unix systems but looking for the best i found hyperbola i love the strict principle and the people here doing what they can to make something great
before coming here i used other distro like ubuntu and others then trisquel
trying to learn and maybe give back wen i can smile

welcome truth seeker, glad to see more comrades smile

dikasp2 wrote:

welcome truth seeker, glad to see more comrades smile

thank you, ur reply made me feel happy i look forward to know you and more comrades as you say smile

*wave* I'm not searching for "truth" but for wisdom and to share this. Sharing insights as words are important: They can give information, give empathy or can be part of hatred. Last one excluded, always for empathy and humanism approach. For values standing for a global world in peace and harmony. Well? I'm an idealist. smile

well @throgh we searching for a truth so we can gained wisdom thats what i think

but its undeniable that our main goal is wisdom anyway so wisdomseeker might be more apporiate as you say wink

btw im sending email to you last night, did you receive it ?

i have many personal draft and would like to discuss with you, and of course in non bothering manner smile