1 (edited by the_hype 2021-07-19 07:14:02)

Topic: gimp auto update check

the current version of gimp added the default setting to automatically phone home and check for updates:

You can disable this feature on the System Resources page of the Preferences dialog, and manually use the Check for updates button in the About dialog.You can disable this feature on the System Resources page of the Preferences dialog, and manually use the Check for updates button in the About dialog.

but maybe it is possible to disable by default

/etc/gimp/2.0/gimprc

# Check for availability of GIMP updates through background internet queries.
#  Possible values are yes and no.
#
# (check-updates yes)

Re: gimp auto update check

Thanks for noting, but would you please create an issue? The forum is of course also for problems, but especially for solving issues with Hyperbola 0.4, packages and more we have an issue-tracker here: https://issues.hyperbola.info/

Otherwise somebody has always to copy the content from here to there, which is more work to do. Thank you!

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

3 (edited by the_hype 2021-07-19 07:47:34)

wasn't too sure if this is an issue, but will do it for the next thing.

edit: because it works as intended

Thanks! smile

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

issue page says:

Error #23: User or group not enabled for login.

Hmm, you have created your own login-profile?
Okay, could you provide the name. Will look at that later and provide information for Emulatorman on that. Goal: You should be able to login for sure in the end. smile

7 (edited by the_hype 2021-07-19 09:57:11)

throgh wrote:

Hmm, you have created your own login-profile?
Okay, could you provide the name. Will look at that later and provide information for Emulatorman on that. Goal: You should be able to login for sure in the end. smile

I thought it is mandatory??!

If i can post issues without the need to register, i would do that.
You mean there are guest-credentials or something - i would take that.

if not: username: the_hype

p.s. if there is a problem with the anonymized login-profile i ask to excuse me and unlock it anyway, based on trust smile
(i am an anonymity researcher and artist - that's why i am using hyperbola / you can tox (check my forum profile) me if you need reassurance)

Okay, we will look onto that. More or less the first point is spam-protection. We have already some amount of spam-comments inside issues, for real. Nothing personal about that!

9 (edited by the_hype 2021-07-19 10:51:58)

Sorry for the trouble, but it is part of my research/work. i am really into hyperbola and i am testing it all, you do great work and the strategical orientation of HyOs is without comparison. Definitly: the bigger a projects gets, the more spam attacks etc. it is getting. So i am fine with all precautions you need - and i never would take this personally. You are very polite - thx.

anyway i will continue to search for anonymity leaking apps smile (like gimp in this case)