Topic: [Solved] Hyperbola Social Contract

Hi,

First, my post doesn't concern specifically the English version of the Wiki, I post it here because there is no section "Wiki in general", because I don't speak fluently Spanish or Portugues, and for everybody to be able to read me.
In fact, I don't really understand the point of having forums for some translated versions of the Wiki hmm
Shouldn't we have a forum "Translations" and a forum "Wiki", for talking about translations issues and content issues ?

Then, my question :

The Hyperbola Social Contract page says this :

Products of the Hyperbola Project follow the GNU Free System Distribution Guidelines. They do not include or recommend non-free software or documentation and do not provide any type of support for the installation or execution of non-free software.

I don't understand the use of the term "Product". I don't know if it is the same in English, but in French this word (produit) is associated to something a bit "commercial" that doesn't really inspire confidence... Furthermore, this page conveys the fact that it can be confusing or misunderstood.
What we are talking about ? Webpages and software ? Why not calling it just like that ?

Thank you for any lightening big_smile

=-= Solved =-=
Best Answer (6)

Moderation Note

This topic has been moved
Wiki-en >> i18n
to meet the good organization of the forum

Re: [Solved] Hyperbola Social Contract

felicien wrote:

In fact, I don't really understand the point of having forums for some translated versions of the Wiki hmm
Shouldn't we have a forum "Translations" and a forum "Wiki", for talking about translations issues and content issues ?

There is one to discuss about translations. See i18n session (Internationalization project group discussion).

The wiki- (en, es, pt) sessions are for the sole purpose of discussing improvements or reporting errors found in a given article. Nothing more.

The second question. I leave it to the author of the page to respond.

We could fix it with:

Hyperbola Project follow the GNU Free System Distribution Guidelines. They do not include or recommend non-free software or documentation and do not provide any type of support for the installation or execution of non-free software.

What do you think guys? smile

Emulatorman wrote:

We could fix it with:

Hyperbola Project follow the GNU Free System Distribution Guidelines. They do not include or recommend non-free software or documentation and do not provide any type of support for the installation or execution of non-free software.

+1

pekman wrote:
Emulatorman wrote:

We could fix it with:

+1

Fixed.

6 (edited by felicien 2017-09-21 18:53:28)

pekman wrote:

The wiki- (en, es, pt) sessions are for the sole purpose of discussing improvements or reporting errors found in a given article. Nothing more.

Ok, I understand now.

Emulatorman wrote:

Fixed

Thank you for your quick response !
big_smile

BTW, is there a way for editing the subject of the topic and add a [SOLVE] or something like that ?

@felicien. Do you mind if we move this post to the i18n session?

Sorry @pekman, I was late, you did the right thing moving the topic to i18n, thank you smile
IIUC, only moderators can edit topic names, am I right ?

I'm closing this issue, due to a recent spammer attacking the forum