Topic: Contributing?

Hello!
I'd like to ask where and how one can contribute PKGBUILDs to Hyperbola? It seems that parabolians have some broad articles about packaging and helping in general while I couldn't find much on the topic on Hyperbola wiki.

Second thing: how does snapshot versions rule affect packages absent on arch that are to be included in Hyperbola for the first time? Would a recent version of that software be packaged in that case or a snapshot from AUR/debian testing/parabola/gentoo/*whoever has it packaged* from "date announced in the Hyperbola mailing lists or main page" be used?

Thanks for answers in advance smile

Re: Contributing?

koszko wrote:

Hello!
I'd like to ask where and how one can contribute PKGBUILDs to Hyperbola?

For security reasons, we haven't plans to give entire access and control to our projects and servers for unknown users, only founders have access to it.

However, our team development is made through a decentralized way (eg. hypervideo). If you have plans to contribute PKGBUILDs to Hyperbola as future potential candidate for [community] by following our packaging guidelines (eg. push PKGBUILDs to packages-community or use a personal git repository like hypervideo), please ask pekman and heckyel for further details.

koszko wrote:

It seems that parabolians have some broad articles about packaging and helping in general while I couldn't find much on the topic on Hyperbola wiki.

I hadn't time to do it, if you have plans to contribute in our wiki, please let us know.

koszko wrote:

Second thing: how does snapshot versions rule affect packages absent on arch that are to be included in Hyperbola for the first time? Would a recent version of that software be packaged in that case or a snapshot from AUR/debian testing/parabola/gentoo/*whoever has it packaged* from "date announced in the Hyperbola mailing lists or main page" be used?

In this case, we use the package version released in the same date than the snapshot one used in the current stable version of Hyperbola, however some exceptions are accepted such as the snapshot and backporting amendments explained in the packaging guidelines.