Re: [Hyperbola 0.4] Testing the initial installation

Update for issues: Issue 1584 was marked as resolved and is there closed.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Concurrent tests with version 0.4 on a notebook (ThinkPad X60 Tablet, 32bit-only):

1. Running JWM as window-manager, no problems encountered
2. Using GIMP, Inkscape, Krita and Tuxpaint with tablet-mode, no problems encountered
3. Tests with games, no problems encountered
4. Running wine with some prefix for older games, no problems encountered
5. Allday-usage for video-files especially for DVD-ripping and transcoding, no problems encountered
6. Game-emulation with mednafen and mgba, no problems encountered

Tests for sure not finished, but just a note for the moment.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

throgh wrote:

Concurrent tests with version 0.4 on a notebook (ThinkPad X60 Tablet, 32bit-only):

1. Running JWM as window-manager, no problems encountered
2. Using GIMP, Inkscape, Krita and Tuxpaint with tablet-mode, no problems encountered
3. Tests with games, no problems encountered
4. Running wine with some prefix for older games, no problems encountered
5. Allday-usage for video-files especially for DVD-ripping and transcoding, no problems encountered
6. Game-emulation with mednafen and mgba, no problems encountered

Tests for sure not finished, but just a note for the moment.

Very surprised wine works without multilib...

wink

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

Wine works, but is bound onto the architecture: So for sure when using 32bit you will be able also to use all other applications being 32bit. smile
I can even run PlayOnLinux with little modifications, even when it is not fully libre.

Discovered problems with handbrake: The application is transcoding so far, but only the video-output is confirmed. Audio is lost within synchronizing. So the package needs a rework to run!

Problem with handbrake found as there were patches missing for the build-process: Will be fixed with the next commit containing more multimedia-libraries and programs this week. The Debian-patchset for handbrake is therefore not necessary and will be removed.

sagaracharya wrote:

Tried the latest kernel. Same problem as with the kernels before. Crashes and reboots after about 200 seconds. startx doesn't work correctly.

I have submitted dmesg and Xenocara logs before.

I tried the latest 5.10.84. I face no crashes anymore! I successfully kept the logged in tty session alive for 10 mins without any issues! Thanks, that's progress! smile

startx still doesn't work correctly. I have sent /var/log/Xorg.0.log to throgh. I guess you'll need to rebuild xenocara again for 5.10.84!

This thread will be closed as we now entered the RC-stage for 0.4.
Please look onto here: https://forums.hyperbola.info/viewtopic.php?id=645