76 (edited by HarvettFox96 2021-10-16 13:07:15)

Re: Proposals for package-integration

I'm currently making and testing my theme called Vestylon II, but is there something missing? Openbox needs its configuration tool that is absent on the repo.

Thanks, will be added.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

hello, is there any free developer with write access ? can we make proposal by contribute PR to your package queque repo ?

First would be interesting what kind of PKGBUILD you want to have added, so which package itself? You can for sure make a prosposal.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

80 (edited by HarvettFox96 2021-10-19 05:55:30)

Ten incoming dependencies for Blender 2.83.5.

Plus, a bonus package.

81 (edited by dikasp2 2021-10-18 08:17:31)

selamat sore master throgh, sorry for late answer.

here is my proposal package  repo mainly consist of icewm themes and enchantchement:
$ git clone https://github.com/dikasetyaprayogi/hyperbolapkgs.git

and here is my sample icewm desktop:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dikasetyaprayogi/hyperbolapkgs/main/thumbnail.png

more screenshot on the repo page:
https://github.com/dikasetyaprayogi/hyperbolapkgs

many thanks in advance.

Hey, that's right out cool to look at. smile
But we would have to rebuild some packages as many other dependencies won't be part of Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre 0.4. Also I'm not so sure about mate-parts. Not because they won't run, more about people thinking we could offer MATE itself at some point as this cannot be done. So if this is no problem we would leave especially them outside, more about the context itself and for sure not we have any problem with MATE. It is just not possible to integrate without dbus. For the rest I go through:

gnome-colors-icon-themes: A problem within dependencies as we don't support imagemagick.
gtk-engines: Needs a reformat for the PKGBUILD as we try to support only stable versions and tagged releases, but the repository has them so it is only a rework.
icesimple-icewm-theme: Is using a questionable way to download the package-sources like IPFS, once there today and away tomorrow. So the package itself would be in danger to be built for the near future whenever Cloudflare decides to do something else. We would have to download that and see if it is possible to get it into our sources here.
icewm-themes-new: Same with the last one mentioned, but another way as it is only HTTP here supported, not HTTPS.
icewm-themes: Needs a little bit adjustment as Debian is safe but also supports HTTPS.
mate-icon-theme: To be left out for now also we don't have the corresponding dependencies not in the repositories for building.
mate-themes: Same as above.
tkpacman: Needs many adjustments as that optional dependencies are a total problem for Hyperbola - we don't have and cannot afford them being totally depending on dbus.

All in all: The list of proposals is fine. I don't want to disappoint especially anyone: We need to look closer towards the licenses so for everyone having 0.4 installed or the concurrent 0.3.1 stable version just look into /usr/share/licenses/common as folder. There you can find the supported licenses based onto the FSF-guidance. And a free, libre distribution needs for sure to have every package clear licensed. Hyperbola is here very strict onto that point and that's a good one. smile
For missing dependencies: Well, please look onto them. We can integrate packages only complete with all otherwise they would be possible to be created for sure.

I think first we look out at the problematic downloads to be really saved for the future. Yes, whenever a package is built we have a source-package. Here you can look at them:

https://repo.hyperbola.info:50011/gnu-p … hyperbola/ (testing)
https://repo.hyperbola.info:50012/gnu-p … hyperbola/ (stable)

So you could download the concrete source-package and rebuild that package. But when the source-urls vanish you won't be able to download only the PKGBUILD-script and build that on your own. Same for Hyperbola itself. And besides the slogan "The internet don't forget!" ... yes it can for sure forget whenever a webserver was removed and the content hosted is gone. sad

Therefore a sidenote: Please mirror your files. When 0.4 will be released you should mirror all content for local safety. No, not we don't vanish. But you have the data in your hands and with a little modification within the pacman- / hyperman-configuration you will be forever able to install Hyperbola 0.4 for example, done with earlier versions: The same. wink

And for packagebuilders: Please try your PKGBUILD also within a clean environment using libretools. smile
It is saving really much work as our build-server is using the same infrastructure and has no further dependencies installed and there you can see what is missing or if the application / library needs further attention.

One further generic point: Never rename the license-files you find within the package-source. Either way add it with the complete name and everything else.

thanks for the tips and time on your review throgh. i see, there are lots of things for considerations, maybe you can make or recommend some guide or wiki for floss starters ?

anyway, many thanks for your advice o master throgh smile

A cool idea especially for every starting. Will look into that so we could add that in the wiki in the near time. Especially when it is about the community for help and support. Thank you all! smile

Perhaps we can rename the package for the mate-parts? So the sources would be there and possible for usage further. big_smile

There will be later a commit with the above mentioned packages from HarvettFox96. And netsurf as also a new version from jwmkit including support for sndio.

86 (edited by dikasp2 2021-10-18 18:04:44)

cool, maybe something like package guidelines and some check list for submission or requesting floss package. arch has nice packaging ethic/guide but sadly it had no policy for free software.

without gtk engines mate icon and themes will look out of place in some areas, so maybe neutral icons like nuove ext2 or tango icons are better.

best wishes for everyone. selamat malam.

87 (edited by HarvettFox96 2021-10-19 07:30:35)

Getting breakdown in a bit for Blender, a useful one called Gource you watch recent commits by users frequently.

Here's an example image below where I used it in my git repo directory.

https://tilde.club/~harvettfox96/images/ssthumb-gource-hyperbola-packages-extra.png

Added those packages: https://git.hyperbola.info:50100/~team/ … /?h=throgh

89 (edited by HarvettFox96 2021-10-20 05:37:01)

I'm feeling bad about having few required dependencies for OpenImageIO that aren't on the repo: pybind11 and pytest. But worse, they're too many Python dependencies to build themselves.

Perhaps you could try to remove those dependencies first and see how the compilation goes further. Especially pytest is not always needed and the check-command should be removed, because the build-server could have problems with that. Otherwise we can go part by part! smile

Perhaps you could try to remove those dependencies first and see how the compilation goes further. Especially pytest is not always needed and the check-command should be removed, because the build-server could have problems with that. Otherwise we can go part by part! smile

92 (edited by HarvettFox96 2021-10-22 12:42:30)

Now here are seven more incoming packages on this list.

As y'mentioned before, I've no problem building some packages without using check functions as well as unnecessary dependencies, which seems fine on my method.

Working on:

dzen2
qtct
shiboken2

Will look onto the packages within next hours also. smile So we can build them!
Thank you.

94 (edited by HarvettFox96 2021-10-23 01:41:41)

And finally, an incoming package of the Open Shading Language.

I have no idea how to manage a minor issue for the package causing referencing to the source directory.

Probably I guess coadde will ready to update a package build script file for Blender he made.

95 (edited by HarvettFox96 2021-10-23 23:27:57)

An incoming package of the Arc theme, it focally uses GTK2/3 and nixes Cinnamon and GNOME Shell.

And also Faba.

Xsnow becomes, since version 2 in mid-2019, free software nowadays, has more new features and uses GTK3.

Looking at that later. Thank you! smile

Added packages http-parser, libgit2 and stagit

https://notabug.org/sagaracharya/hyperbola_os

Just a generic and friendly meant reminder: Please test your builds with libretools. The build-server is working on that base and so everyone should first test the PKGBUILD-scripts then. Possible errors are recognized fast!

Ok. What's the flow of testing with libretools?

I executed libremakepkg in directory with PKGBUILD. It asks to run as root (Why?).

I tried

doas libremakepkg 

I'm getting below message. It is not copying series file and patches directory in /var/lib/archbuild/default/user/  source directory where

cp: cannot stat '/build/http-parser/src/../patches': No such file or directory
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in prepare().
    Aborting...