Topic: I can write on a keyboard really fast without looking on keyboard

How can I use my skills??

Sadly i cannot program, but my last keyboard test was 97 words per minute... I can write without looking on my keyboard really fast,
What I want to do is to grab few html books from my college library, create my own website and start writing some random stuff....
I really enjoy writing on a keyboard

Hardly anyone can type as fast as I can... I do not want to waste my skills while I am alive, and I would like to do something nice.....

Cheers smile

Re: I can write on a keyboard really fast without looking on keyboard

cynicfm wrote:

Sadly i cannot program, but my last keyboard test was 97 words per minute... I can write without looking on my keyboard really fast,
What I want to do is to grab few html books from my college library, create my own website and start writing some random stuff....

Hardly anyone can type as fast as I can... I do not want to waste my skills while I am alive, and I would like to do something nice.....

Cheers smile

I am also a fast typist. Not as fast as you, but faster than most. What I like to do is find important or interesting audio files of lectures or podcasts and make a transcription of them. I am going to create a website or a Gemini capsule where I can share some of them. There are some important historical recordings that haven't been transcribed but that are in the public domain that it would be interesting to archive for posterity.

Hyperbola GNU/Linux offers you some excellent tools for doing transcription work. If you install the VLC program from the Hyperbola repo, open it and go to Tools - Preferences and go to the "Hotkeys" tab. VLC will allow you to set "Global Hotkeys" - a key combination that VLC will respond to even when you are in a different program. So, for instance, I set "Alt-z" to "play/pause", and "Alt-a" "very short backward jump", "Alt-s" to "short backward jump", and "Alt-x" to "very short forward jump". Now I can write my transcription in the Featherpad text editor or in Libreoffice and use my hotkeys to control play/pause/rewind the audio, never having to leave the document to touch VLC.

There are many other such projects you could create for yourself. You could write subtitles for movies, or you could teach yourself how to do a wide variety of things in Hyperbola and then write step-by-step how-to's on them in the Forum for other people to learn from.

Re: I can write on a keyboard really fast without looking on keyboard

cynicfm wrote:

Cheers smile

No idea how fast I can type, but I make mistakes very frequently if I have to use a phone keyboard aka, their touchscreen.

As for anything else without a touchscreen, depends on the size of the keyboard, etc...

But usually I only have a few typos that I notice later when I use my usual keyboard. It is on a 14 inch though, so... idk.

12.5 inch is a little bit more alien, anything smaller, more errors. Anything bigger than 14 inch, unknown but probably.

Fast typing usually depends on your skill at typing fast and what size keyboard you usually use.

As for how I got this typing speed, at school, if it was something I needed to pass, I would have flunked forever at the same test until one specific event happened...

Its not something I am proud of, because the people on there had really bad toxic waste in their comments/words they typed on the computer, I think you know might know where this is going, if your Andy...

Two words:

Online Gaming!

That is what taught me to type extremely, fast, it was very needed for me though.

That being said, I had no filter when I first learned this skill lol because people on  the blizzard chat systems, were massively toxic.

So... yeah...

Was I also toxic? Probably almost as toxic if not more...

But not having a filter, did at least humble me little by little till I realized that I needed to change man...

Btw, on an unrelated note, I don't have nearly as much interest in blizzard products now, free to play or otherwise.

Many reasons, wastre of time, filter can get overloaded eventually due to the people who have the mindset of Hidan, aka they think they are the best in the world at everrything but also, its mega addicting,  gets boring at the same time, which is ironic, eh?

Not to mention, requires wine or windows, which are both huge security risks and are proprietarty with much surveilence, the list goes beyond this I am sure... but yeah.

That being said, the one good thing that came out of online gaming was that I could type really, really fast.   smile

And also, some humility which I desperately needed...

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!