Topic: Why can't I use nano as a super user?

I was just test installing Hyperbola again, following this video tutorial (mostly)
https://invidio.us/watch?v=zPzlrl76Hfk

However, at the part around 39:40 where I was supposed to enter a "super user" mode by entering arch-chroot /mnt, I found that I wasn't able to use the nano command for the next step for whatever reason and I am certain it did work before.

Is there anything in Hyperbola's latest updates that's stopping me this time?

Re: Why can't I use nano as a super user?

burhen42 wrote:

I was just test installing Hyperbola again, following this video tutorial (mostly)
https://invidio.us/watch?v=zPzlrl76Hfk

However, at the part around 39:40 where I was supposed to enter a "super user" mode by entering arch-chroot /mnt, I found that I wasn't able to use the nano command for the next step for whatever reason and I am certain it did work before.

Is there anything in Hyperbola's latest updates that's stopping me this time?

Did you use the latest iso? and did you follow the instructions as needed? I find usually its better to follow the official instructions personally...

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

Could you please give more details? What image-file did you use for preparing your medium? And it is better to follow the official guide here.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

throgh wrote:

Could you please give more details? What image-file did you use for preparing your medium? And it is better to follow the official guide here.

Agreed, 1000%

But I wonder if he used an old iso. For some reason, I run into errors when I use an old iso.  Dunno why...

Okay? Didn't try that one until now, but perhaps I should do so for having a closer look onto this issue. Thanks, because when installing 0.2 I only use my personal mirror I have created at home and therefore my image is already modified. But I have also the originals!

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

In response to your question, I used the v0.2.5 version but I updated it with pacman -Syu once I booted it up before trying to install the OS.

burhen42 wrote:

In response to your question, I used the v0.2.5 version but I updated it with pacman -Syu once I booted it up before trying to install the OS.

I recommend burning the 0.3 version iso to your cd or usb and try installing again.  Always use the latest iso before installing the full system. Just a recommendation from me. I tried using an old iso a few times, and got grief and nothing much else.

;/

But I doubt 0.4 will be out for a few months (stable) so you should be fine if you try 0.3 iso for a while.

burhen42 wrote:

I think this won't help at all, because the filesystem-structure of Hyperbola 0.3 and 0.2 have extended differences. The newer one being FHS-compliant while the older one uses reworked hierarchy from systemd-compliants. As it was pointed out here: https://www.hyperbola.info/news/server- … in-7-days/