1 (edited by cynicfm 2020-03-14 22:41:45)

Topic: [iceweasel-uxp] how to build on different distro??

edit2: well i have decided to get back to Hyperbola so topic is nevermind now wink
edit: ok since i am slowly moving to NetBSD, is it possible to build it on there??

Hey, i am currently playing with obarun linux but after using Hyperbola for months and iceweasel-uxp with no script addon, i just can't get used to different web browsers... ;-/...
But since i must use some packages that aren't available on Hyperbola (Well for my own good well-being, really there are some stuff that i can't deal with at present, like games that require non libre winetricks libs).
i might dual boot, but just relogging to browse web feels like effort...

I have read some .docs on mozilla website, but there are commands like /mach or whatever.
I downloaded both git clone of iceweasel-uxp and 2.5 version.
I tried to type autoconf, ./configure, make but nothing happens...

Is it possible to build this browser on another distro?? With noscript addon??

Thank you in advance :-)

edit: if not then i guess i'd have to install Hyperbola on another partition

Re: [iceweasel-uxp] how to build on different distro??

cynicfm wrote:

edit2: well i have decided to get back to Hyperbola so topic is nevermind now wink
edit: ok since i am slowly moving to NetBSD, is it possible to build it on there??

Hey, i am currently playing with obarun linux but after using Hyperbola for months and iceweasel-uxp with no script addon, i just can't get used to different web browsers... ;-/...
But since i must use some packages that aren't available on Hyperbola (Well for my own good well-being, really there are some stuff that i can't deal with at present, like games that require non libre winetricks libs).
i might dual boot, but just relogging to browse web feels like effort...

I have read some .docs on mozilla website, but there are commands like /mach or whatever.
I downloaded both git clone of iceweasel-uxp and 2.5 version.
I tried to type autoconf, ./configure, make but nothing happens...

Is it possible to build this browser on another distro?? With noscript addon??

Thank you in advance :-)

edit: if not then i guess i'd have to install Hyperbola on another partition

Wine-staging is installable on Hyperbola so you know.  I have done it many times. Compile from source, son. tongue

Hyperbola:

The Stable Secure Libre Arch!

Re: [iceweasel-uxp] how to build on different distro??

Iceweasel-UXP the best browser...
It always keeps me coming back to Hyperbola... It's so much worth it.

With noscript addon it's best combination... Exactly what somebody who values privacy and security can look for... Also blocks annoying youtube videos thumbnails on web...

big kudos to hyperbola devs for this browser <3 smile