Topic: Server-Update: About Libreboot on ASUS KGPE-D16

Hello together,

as going onwards with libre-friendly hardware I want to build a complete libre server-system in the near future. So I start with some more insights into the project as I'm also into migrating all services onto this machine with virtualization. Perhaps there is more interest into this? The mainboard is ready now with Libreboot flashed, but I have more components missing, especially the cooling-units for the CPUs.

Hyperbola should be the basic system for my hypervisor and will be also used on all virtualized guest systems. More to come when everything is ready, including the final hardware-information. smile

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Re: Server-Update: About Libreboot on ASUS KGPE-D16

The first milestone is reached for now: System is working, booting up and installing Hyperbola. I've chosen the mainboard ASUS KGPE-D16 as base and bought it from Vikings, pre-built coming up with Libreboot and 8 GB RAM installed. As CPU I've used two AMD Opteron 6278, so the final system has 32 cores. Today I've installed Hyperbola on a harddisk as first test - a leftover from earlier systems. Working so far from the installation process and the system is booting. A short note: The integrated graphics-card seems not fitting so I've used an adapter from NVidia - a Geforce 730 GT.

What should I say? Working for the first milestone!

Next to come: Real installation on finalized harddisk-definition - better a little SSD for the basic system. So I'll keep updates here when ready!

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Re: Server-Update: About Libreboot on ASUS KGPE-D16

Second update: Server is installed with Hyperbola GNU/Linux 64bit and working. Basic services are available, including qemu with libvirtd. The data:

• ASUS KGPE-D16 mainboard with Libreboot

• 2 x AMD OPTERON 6278, 16 cores for one CPU

• 64 GB RAM

• 2 TB Harddisk for operating system

• 10 TB Harddisk for virtualization