Topic: Would like to see arm support

I am curious when that will come...

Eoma68 is my reason for this,

I was wondering if you could support arm by november or december

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

Re: Would like to see arm support

Hyperbola should support the ARM architecture once EOMA68 is certified.

Libre Tea Computer Card

An EOMA68-compatible computer card with an Allwinner A20 dual core processor, 2 GB of RAM, and 8 GB of NAND flash pre-installed with the Parabola GNU/Linux-libre operating system. We expect the Libre Tea Computer Card to receive the Free Software Foundation's Respects Your Freedom (RYF) certification before the first units ship.

https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop

3 (edited by zapper 2018-03-05 01:06:33)

Archetyp wrote:

Hyperbola should support the ARM architecture once EOMA68 is certified.

Libre Tea Computer Card

An EOMA68-compatible computer card with an Allwinner A20 dual core processor, 2 GB of RAM, and 8 GB of NAND flash pre-installed with the Parabola GNU/Linux-libre operating system. We expect the Libre Tea Computer Card to receive the Free Software Foundation's Respects Your Freedom (RYF) certification before the first units ship.

https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop

I would definitely start supporting it now as Parabola gnu/linux is already in the process of porting it. Even if its only an option for white hole as a start.

Actually it may already support it. That is why I say support it in stable by december, etc... if possible of course...

Just an important side note, there is no Parabola GNU/Linux-libre OpenRC Edition for the ARM architecture.

Archetyp wrote:

Just an important side note, there is no Parabola GNU/Linux-libre OpenRC Edition for the ARM architecture.

That my friend is a technicality...  yes what you said is true.

BUT with one important unrelated truth. There is a systemd version of parabola for the arm architecture. Not the best, but migration from that to this would be wonderful. 

Seriously...

„Libre Tea Computer Card“ uses Parabola with OpenRC as initsystem, now confirmed by lkcl. smile