Re: [Hyperbola] Going the way and packaging, the roadmap after 0.4

As said: The application is now also a service, so we need to reconfigure the buildout for sure. But the maintainer mentioned to downgrade also the requirements as they are not really needed within that new version. So we can get tblock. No final promise at the moment, as I wait for the feedback.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

And now tblock is ready to be back: https://git.hyperbola.info:50100/~team/ … 773637fb55

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

throgh wrote:

And now tblock is ready to be back: https://git.hyperbola.info:50100/~team/ … 773637fb55

Hmm... when I get time I can try it, thanks!

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

Hello, as we have done now the complete refresh version 0.4.1 is also out. The ruleset is therefore: A complete refresh ends up also in a complete new version. When we do single packages, this won't be the case. Version 0.4.2 will take therefore more advantages from the corrections we done now also. Not much to be seen from the outside, more from the inside. wink

throgh wrote:

Hello, as we have done now the complete refresh version 0.4.1 is also out. The ruleset is therefore: A complete refresh ends up also in a complete new version. When we do single packages, this won't be the case. Version 0.4.2 will take therefore more advantages from the corrections we done now also. Not much to be seen from the outside, more from the inside. wink

Alrighty, that's fine!

I don't know if you guys still have the sword library package for Hyperbola somewhere on the repo, but yeah, if you have it, I would very much appreciate both that and bibletime being uploaded.

It was in 0.3 at one point and on 0.4 at one point libsword was easy to install and bibletime, I could install from source after that.

If it is too much trouble to put both back on, let me know if libsword would be an issue to return to the repo.

Btw, thanks for the update!

Sorry, for now that package is not on plan and won't be further as we focus on 0.4.2 for the following:

- Adding security-focus and BSD-ports for concurrent applications like Nitrokey for example
- Solving runit-issues or giving a concurrent way to resolve them
- Fixing hyperinstaller to come so it can be a companion on the installation

Rounding up are for sure updates of existing packages and checking them before the final commit. smile
You are for sure invited to recreate own PKGBUILDs and share them here in the forums - please therefore create for sure a new topic.

Also to note that especially there are differences between Linux- and BSD-ports of the concurrent mentioned packages, so it would take too much time. We would like to use that time for HyperbolaBSD and 0.4.2 to come. Meanwhile some slight updates for different packages come for sure when ready. Also Hyperbola has around a fine base to build own systems and therefore we invite all users to modify the system as they like.

throgh wrote:

Sorry, for now that package is not on plan and won't be further as we focus on 0.4.2 for the following:

- Adding security-focus and BSD-ports for concurrent applications like Nitrokey for example
- Solving runit-issues or giving a concurrent way to resolve them
- Fixing hyperinstaller to come so it can be a companion on the installation

Rounding up are for sure updates of existing packages and checking them before the final commit. smile
You are for sure invited to recreate own PKGBUILDs and share them here in the forums - please therefore create for sure a new topic.

Also to note that especially there are differences between Linux- and BSD-ports of the concurrent mentioned packages, so it would take too much time. We would like to use that time for HyperbolaBSD and 0.4.2 to come. Meanwhile some slight updates for different packages come for sure when ready. Also Hyperbola has around a fine base to build own systems and therefore we invite all users to modify the system as they like.

No worries, I might be able to find it somewhere online, if not?

Well, it won't be added for the GNU version and if that is the case,  maybe HyperbolaBSD?

Whenever the beta packages are added to it, which would mean the stable would be added among other important package...

Which, might be a semi long wait, or a very long wait, not sure.

So yeah, fine with me.

smile