1 (edited by tmp90 2024-03-31 16:11:25)

Topic: Is Hyperbola compatible with BlackArch packages?

Considering that Hyperbola is based on Arch Linux,
I wonder if anyone has ascertained whether or not any packages from the Blackarch repo would work with Hyperbola.
https://www.blackarch.org/downloads.html#install-repo

A Linux-libre distro with pentesting software sounds like a combination made in heaven.

Re: Is Hyperbola compatible with BlackArch packages?

If you like to provide some packages ported to Hyperbola, please feel free.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

throgh wrote:

If you like to provide some packages ported to Hyperbola, please feel free.

Sorry. I forgot to complete my question so I edited as soon as I saw your reply.
Do BlackArch packages work with Hyperbola at its current state?

That depends on the package. Could you name some examples?

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

None at all, really. I never touched it myself.
Although I did a quick bit of research and found that one of its tools tor-router, which routes all traffic through Tor similarly to AnonSurf, only works with a systemD distro.

If those packages are available on BSD this would be possible.

I meant Hyperbola Linux, not HyperbolaBSD.

Here's a list of BlackArch's packages.
Even if the apps themselves are compatible, I now wonder about their dependencies (Do they include anything the devs trimmed out over the years?)
https://www.blackarch.org/tools.html

Please note that we have no plans adapting more packages we have now. Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre and HyperbolaBSD are planned as minimalistic systems. Yes, with security and privacy, but not with the focus on GNU/Linux. Yes, Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre will persist way longer. But as said: There is the community-focus. So if you can approve a package running on GNU/Linux, GNU/Linux-libre and BSD there is a way forward for a port done if you like. But we cannot do this porting effort here as small system and team alone.

Here is the link for all packages that system-distribution is providing: https://github.com/BlackArch/blackarch/ … r/packages
And Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre was based on Arch before 0.4. That is no longer the case since release 0.4 and beyond.