Topic: Kernel Update

Why  Hyperbola doen't have the 4.14-lts? And when u guys plan to release it?
Ps.: Sorry for my bad english

Re: Kernel Update

brenosilveira1 wrote:

We're using 4.9-lts because it's the version based on Arch snapshots from the above-mentioned date announced in our main page.

Since Hyperbola contains its own packaging guidelines, we're following the snapshot amendment to keep it up-to-date since 4.9-lts series is active taking security parts from the newer versions (backporting).

Howerver, since 4.9-lts EOL is around Jan, 2019, then we'll upgrade our kernel to 4.14-lts following the backporting amendment exception that says:

" If a package needs many modifications spread across multiple files of the code and it is inefficient to be backported, the newer version could replace the current version package as exception..."

3 (edited by zapper 2019-01-19 02:36:26)

Re: Kernel Update

Emulatorman wrote:
brenosilveira1 wrote:

We're using 4.9-lts because it's the version based on Arch snapshots from the above-mentioned date announced in our main page.

Since Hyperbola contains its own packaging guidelines, we're following the snapshot amendment to keep it up-to-date since 4.9-lts series is active taking security parts from the newer versions (backporting).

Howerver, since 4.9-lts EOL is around Jan, 2019, then we'll upgrade our kernel to 4.14-lts following the backporting amendment exception that says:

" If a package needs many modifications spread across multiple files of the code and it is inefficient to be backported, the newer version could replace the current version package as exception..."

Cool, but the last kernel you added to the repo caused some errors.  I cannot get past lxdm, it stalls. I was using stable.  Just sayin...
Actually, I will just report it to issues.

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!