Topic: [clementine] Using non-free services as anti-feature

Hello together,

it's a pity but the audioplayer Clementine is using interfaces to non-free services like Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, VK.com and Subsonic. Therefore I've also created a concurrent issue (https://issues.hyperbola.info/index.php … sk_id=1437). The question is: Is a fork real helpful or is the software itself malfunctional with those anti-features, therefore disrespecting the freedom of the users by the proposal of non-free services?

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Re: [clementine] Using non-free services as anti-feature

Not a player for me. It looks like QT or KDE, not sure, but I would not use this player to play music.

And if only those storage cloud providers are offered, I would verify those sources for integrity and backdoors.

If only those corporate storage providers are used, I would remove it from Hyperbola, unless there are free networks like FTP/SFTP and classic web servers and similar.