Topic: what are the minimum system requirements for this OS ?!

cpu Ghz(for stable/fast work): ?
ram: ??
storage: ???

Re: what are the minimum system requirements for this OS ?!

any standard x86_64 or i686 computer should run the basic iso just fine

current hyperbola releases are bare os and meant to be build from scratch by user so what system requirements is up to you to decide depending on what you make the bare os into

dikasp2 wrote:

any standard x86_64 or i686 computer should run the basic iso just fine

current hyperbola releases are bare os and meant to be build from scratch by user so what system requirements is up to you to decide depending on what you make the bare os into

I meant the requirements for the minimum system work, on the minimum settings

4 (edited by dikasp2 2020-11-15 14:46:15)

an example if you want to make it into fast minimum workstation building into lxde desktop environment would be the best

2 gb ram
10 gb storage
2.4 ghz eg. pentium 4

dikasp2 wrote:

an example if you want to make it into fast minimum workstation building into lxde desktop environment would be the best

2 gb ram
10 gb storage
2.4 ghz eg. pentium 4

Depends on your usage, jwm + jwmkit + firejail iceweasel-uxp + my current addons... uses about...

Not much over 1GB of ram... 1.5GB would probably work also, depending on both architecture and speed of processor... btw, I am aware its only an x86 support distro at this time and it will be a while before additional ones are supported which wont happen till the new OS, etc...

Point being, 64 bit isnt the only thing it supports... tongue

Using an x200, currently, dual core,  its the usual processor.

Anywho, my point being,  speed also factors in.

Btw, before you say 1.5 isn't a speed that doesn't exist, look up netbook acer aspire:

1.66ghz is in fact something it has... more probably do as well... not sure?

Would not surprise me.

10GB of memory for storage would be wise at  minimum though, if you want a web browser, a window manager, this would work for 64 bit.
If its 32 bit, this might be enough for more? Idk the 32 bit vs 64 bit processing situation...

It seems to work for me  for what I mentioned and firetools + firejail + two sakura terminals + cbatticon + a few other hidden stuff.

redshift, also and tdm and Bbyptop as well as htop being opened. Your results will probably differ if you have less ram and no swap, but yeah...

It really depends on what stuff you have loaded in the background, etc...

I could have other stuff working and not know about it...

wink

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!