Topic: Filesystems in Hypebolabsd

as the title say what do you guys think the filesystems used in hyperbolabsd will be ?

Re: Filesystems in Hypebolabsd

zfs is very good but i dont know how complicated managing it later

ufs is more standard ext4-like for bsd native

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/supp … ems.30667/

dikasp2 wrote:

zfs is very good but i dont know how complicated managing it later

ufs is more standard ext4-like for bsd native

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/supp … ems.30667/

Licensing of ZFS might be an issue though...

There might be other options though where he could pull from that might work.

CDDL (i think that is the license?) is incompatible with gpl3 you see...

BTRFS might be possible as is some others, in the distant future.

As of now though, who knows... probably will be the generic to start with.

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

Is FFS2 possible, as in OpenBSD?

For sure no final promise as we are for now in construction and final review for essential parts, but taking that into the review for sure. When OpenBSD is using FFS2 also and the license is free and permissive we can use it also. It would be a great point for sure.

Thank you!

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Btrfs is heavily corporate founded, especially by Oracle (who already caused lots of trouble to freedom). Is that not a problem even if the license is formally free?

I could not yet figure the license of ffs2.

Food for thoughts, nevertheless as we are leaving GNU/Linux about time we will also leave btrfs behind.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Whatever the filesystem is, I just want it to be as flexible as ext4 and be more stable, secure and private then ext4.

And if there is anything else, it would be that, secure delete is actually possible without having to wait an hour or longer to zero everything out!

xD

And when I say an hour, I mean even on my ivybridge laptops.

my libreboot ones though?

Fogetta about it. tongue

I hope I never have to hide a dead horse's head on my bed and sneak off into the night.

big_smile

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

As said: Depends. For the moment HyperBK is most important, everything else is rest to come after. Besides: Which generation is also not much of any meaning. Better from my point of view is to work with the older generations and have a good performance therefore on most machines. smile

Also to take into the perspective: Only because newer machines have more resources does not mean we should waste them. The wording "bloated" has different views, technical, social and economical. All of them need to be reviewed! wink