Topic: 0.4 package suggestions

i have checked the list https://git.hyperbola.info:50100/~team/ … 47a80fa2f9

which is nice. right now even with only core and extra (+some self build stuff) i am mostly fine. (tor would be important)

other than that, i would point out these nice projects:
vis (editor)
ag (the silver searcher)
cmus (music player)
fish (shell)

Re: 0.4 package suggestions

cmus is already on the list and going to be added. The rest will be point of some doings, perhaps also later community-driven repositories? Thanks for the project-names. smile

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

any chance ffmpegthumbnailer can be included ? i think general user would need that for video thumbnails in file manager

its lightweight and doesnt have many depedencies, but im not very sure about its ffmpeg roots

Will look later at it, but it will be better to deactive the dependency towards gvfs completely for now!

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

for reference im tested pcmanfm + ffmpegthumbnailer + raw-thumbnailer

still works fine with pacman -Rdd dbus libdbus gvfs pulseaudio

hope those packages can be shipped easily later, thanks in advance.

player used: xine-ui , gpicview

PCManFM won't be included within Hyperbola 0.4, ffmpegthumbnailer is now included.
As alternative you can use SpaceFM. Reasoning behind PCManFM is the inbound depedency towards lxde, which cannot be removed at all.

from suckless.org (known for dmenu & dwm) i have testet and liked a lot:
st (tiny xterm replacement)
surf (browser - was in 0.31)

also quark (tiny http server) looks interesting

Well st: https://www.hyperbola.info/packages/extra/x86_64/st/
Look onto "surf" later. Perhaps even with the next commits coming today.

9 (edited by HarvettFox96 2021-07-09 12:17:39)

While Emulatorman remains unresponded, in my git repo, I made six package build script files of upcoming apps (in alphabetical order):

If LibreGit gets down temporarily, please use Hostux Git or tilde.club as alternatives.

Looking at them later and add what I can - please have in mind that MIT-licensing is more or less a little complicated so I have to look also at Expat being possible therefore. I hope I can get further with that and add also Inkscape!

focuswriter and multiload-ng would also be good to add and good to know about pcmanfm being no longer used, I can live with that.

Spacefm is a bit of different learning curve, but I have gotten semi used to it already. wink 

I wonder if melonds is possible to add...  only with a free boot firmware replacement in it.  They haven't quite developed it yet, but someone probably could. 

Good job so far btw, 0.4 is running well for me so far.

smile

More or less, but just to warn you, tdm doesn't automatically log you out when you exit the window manager.

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

For all users with SpaceFM: We have also added udevil for mounting. Working as nice and helpful addition if you don't want do it yourself. Here: https://www.hyperbola.info/packages/?so … p;flagged=

For the rest: Of course I'll look as soon as possible into all the proposed packages and how to add them. When having more time for another "game and fun"-package besides it would be perhaps something more from the Debian-universe ... Crossfire with an own PKGBUILD.

Just to let you all know what's coming next is Inkscape, but there are for sure some more dependencies to add for that. wink

zapper wrote:

More or less, but just to warn you, tdm doesn't automatically log you out when you exit the window manager.

If something is not working, please create an issue describing your scenario so we can test it. wink

HarvettFox96 wrote:

While Emulatorman remains unresponded, in my git repo, I made six package build script files of upcoming apps (in alphabetical order):

If LibreGit gets down temporarily, please use Hostux Git or tilde.club as alternatives.

Added all listed packages.

15 (edited by HarvettFox96 2021-07-10 10:51:04)

LibreGit seems to be down temporarily due to error code 502. Lucky for me, I've more upcoming packages:

spatialindex is included already and I'll try to add Minetest without leveldb itself. smile
Will look at the rest, especially tint2 and gsimplecal. Thanks!

More upcoming packages of high-quality libre fonts:

And throgh, how was Minetest package being worked after building last time?

Please wait with more packages. minetest has to be reworked more as it needs also runit-scripts. For now I'm onto sndio-testing.

throgh wrote:
zapper wrote:

If something is not working, please create an issue describing your scenario so we can test it. wink

I would have to have two computers open to remember the exact details,

although, I recall something similiar to an xauth unix error.

I will have to check again though.

fzy (fuzzy finder written in c not go/ minimal dependencies)

compare
https://archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/fzy/

I have one more package, gmixerctl:

https://git.sr.ht/~charles/gmixerctl

It appears to be a gui for sndio.  I wanted to try it out, unless you guys plan to make one from scratch that can adjust based on different applications.

That option might be better for HyperbolaBSD, but for 0.4, idk.

For now gmixerctl cannot be included in Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre 0.4 as it is doing also modifications towards the initialization of the daemon sndiod itself.

Besides towards this thread: You can all read which packages are going to part of Hyperbola 0.4.
Therefore this list is important: https://git.hyperbola.info:50100/~team/ … ackages.md

Of course we will include more packages and applications, but please have also back in mind that version 0.4 needs to have a finish line and date once. wink

24 (edited by the_hype 2021-07-12 10:36:30)

Just posting selected projects. no need to react here. Just an inpsiration for later - community repo etc.

(or just for personal use besides packaging)

the_hype wrote:

Just posting selected projects. no need to react here. Just an inpsiration for later - community repo etc.

(or just for personal use besides packaging)

No problem at all. smile
Was not meant to offend anybody, just to remember about. We'll keep the best to act quick and also test. But especially about the tests I have in mind: The more to add, the more to test. So therefore my thoughts about it. I'll add all here you write for sure. But this take time. As inkscape and gimp needs also more testing, audacity is not finalized and cinelerra-ng needs more review for compiling. Keep posting proposals for sure, please!

And you can always enhance the PKGBUILD-scripts, if you find errors. Especially the compilation of inkscape is taking some problems with gettext-tiny: If someone has an idea about? Help appreciated.