1 (edited by zapper 2022-01-30 19:33:46)

Topic: EDIT Title was wrong: If anyone needs a reason to JOIN Hyperbola:

https://venturebeat.com/2022/01/25/linu … chers-say/

Guess what? This affects polkit users, and last I checked, Hyperbola doesn't have that anymore.

Who knows how many other annoying issues that most distros have due to dbus and other redhat nonsense.

-_-

oh well...

Also, java in linux still hasn't dealt with that awful vulnerability yet. wink

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

Re: EDIT Title was wrong: If anyone needs a reason to JOIN Hyperbola:

Why post such a thing? You're already assuming that people don't wanna stay with Hyperbola.

There are many more reasons to stay with Hyperbola! It critically selects all the right components and is pure!

That polkit is a very small part. Our community needs to be more welcoming!

sagaracharya wrote:

Why post such a thing? You're already assuming that people don't wanna stay with Hyperbola.

There are many more reasons to stay with Hyperbola! It critically selects all the right components and is pure!

That polkit is a very small part. Our community needs to be more welcoming!

Yeah, that's true, I should rephrase that, what I should say, is if you want a reason to use Hyperbola, this is just a taste of why people should use Hyperbola.

The  redhat type nonsense has such a huge code size, that these vulnerabilities will only grow...

That's not only onto some single company: It is all in for bloated frameworks and libraries. Also onto browsers for example: The more functionalities those software-packages should have, the more problems are about to rise. Therefore also the reasoning we should never ever go for that more: It is on-going full with breaches for security and privacy. That my be only my intention: But a "web-browser" is just for rendering text and some imagery, nothing more. Demanding that those should be some kind of multimedia-central brought us up to this point.

And all of this can happen with every application using many libraries and interfaces.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Very good point Throgh, although... I think it is more than just that, its them corporations infecting the web with huge amounts of unneeded bloat.

Redhat and other contributors to linux aside or gnu/linux if you prefer...

The insane part is, microsoft, apple and google and corporations like them, are ten thousand times more bloated then even redhat...

Yeah... let that sink in...

Although redhat is still more dangerous, due to them infecting linux itself with their bs...

That being said, all these rich coporations should really have only one tiny vote when it comes to how the web is handled, aka, majority of the civilized world should make the vote kind of thing...  or actually just the world in general.

That would be so much better than the current, bribery controls the web insanity.

Hopefully it will happen during my lifetime. I will probably be really old by then though... wink

We can discuss many thoughts about that. smile But first I'd like to point out that we should change thoughts in general about "movements" and especially "social movements". We humans are not glorious doing something with peaceful mindsets, history showing that cruel parts very clear. So I don't think we should talk about "infecting". There is nothing to be searched regarding any kind of illness. It is pure will of the masses to do so:

- Using the newest hardware being unfree per definition
- Using the newest development and service being unfree per definition
- Having websites full with bloated things, many older system cannot endure any longer

The pure will about lost progress, only done for the cause of doing progress, without any kind of criticism or the will to accept any critical voices. When I state that a playing videos should be done local, I get only the answer that I should "buy new hardware". But what about the economical footprint of that? No one answers this question, because the masses only accept the easiest answers. Please, don't think deeply ... some nice meant tip with a bad outcome in the end. For sure not meant bad from anyone, but what is the future? Progress is not always positive and with no common goal for the better it is way beyond acceptable. Microsoft and others do what they do, because no company understands empathy and ethics. There is proof enough, so there is only that: Regulation and laws. Ultimate freedom cannot be the answer for a industry like that, because of missing guidelines for solidarity, empathy and ethics. And everyone is responsible the same: Either to go with it or trying to do something different. Nothing of the mentioned is "evil" per definition, but the outcome is questionable as we all can do something about it. wink

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!