Topic: i want to play touhou, it needs 32 bit wine, how can i get it to work?

im on hhyperbola 64 bit with i3

Re: i want to play touhou, it needs 32 bit wine, how can i get it to work?

Hello and welcome,

it is not possible to run any Wine32-prefix under 64bit Hyperbola as we don't support multilib.
The solution therefore would be to reinstall or install 32bit on your system (perhaps on a secondary partition): You can therefore enforce that with the configuration of /etc/pacman.conf:

Architecture = i686
Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

throgh wrote:

Hello and welcome,

it is not possible to run any Wine32-prefix under 64bit Hyperbola as we don't support multilib.
The solution therefore would be to reinstall or install 32bit on your system (perhaps on a secondary partition): You can therefore enforce that with the configuration of /etc/pacman.conf:

Architecture = i686

Never knew this was even an option... wild man!

probably as dangerous as using multilib, but hey, better than nothing.

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

Not really, that's just the architecture use and nevertheless you are than not able to install 64bit programs. That's a 32bit installation-routine and you will get that out from that change, nothing more and nothing less. wink So that's not even near to be compared throughout multilib. More about installing 32bit on a 64bit-capable system. But speaking for older systems: There are many being used that way and you get also enough graphic-power right out of the box.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

dnakman09 wrote:

im on hhyperbola 64 bit with i3

Libre Touhou clone:

https://github.com/taisei-project/taisei/releases

Feel free to test as it is now within the repositories: https://www.hyperbola.info/packages/?so … p;flagged=