Topic: i cant ip link up my network adapter

I try to enter ip link set wlp3s0 up
But then i type ip link show, that show wlp3s0 still down, how i.can ressolve it? I want to wireless connect to my wifi network. I have rtl8192EE network adapter

Re: i cant ip link up my network adapter

There is more information needed as it is unknown what kind of hardware is used: USB-adapter? Internal card? Also: At what point do you have problems? Is it the installation or the running system?

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

throgh wrote:

There is more information needed as it is unknown what kind of hardware is used: USB-adapter? Internal card? Also: At what point do you have problems? Is it the installation or the running system?

This is standart card "realtek semiconductor co ltd RTL8192EE PCIe wireless network adapter" of lenovo thinkpad t440
When i installing system, i used dhcp.
But i want use wireless connection at already installed system

And when use wpa_supplicant, it give me an error
Wlp3s0 failed to start wpa_supplicant
Could not set interface wlp3s0 flags UP success
nl80211 coud not set interface wlp3s0 up
nl80211 deinit iframe=wlp3s0 disabled_11b_rates=0
Wlp3s0: failed to initialize driver interface

naizety wrote:

This is standart card "realtek semiconductor co ltd RTL8192EE PCIe wireless network adapter" of lenovo thinkpad t440

You mean you are using a wired connection in combination with dhcp, correct?
A wireless connection would be the same in regards of the ip-address and its reaction towards dhcp.

It is not clear for me therefore: Have you used wired or wireless connection for installation? I ask therefore because I have doubts if the card is working for now.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

6 (edited by naizety 2022-11-21 16:16:20)

throgh wrote:
naizety wrote:

You mean you are using a wired connection in combination with dhcp, correct?
A wireless connection would be the same in regards of the ip-address and its reaction towards dhcp.

It is not clear for me therefore: Have you used wired or wireless connection for installation? I ask therefore because I have doubts if the card is working for now.

I used wired connection for installation

Is chipset rtl8192ee supported by hyperbola?

Bad news for the moment when you look here for Debian: https://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x
And: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/ke … e/RTL8192E

You would need a non-free firmware-blob loaded at runtime, which is not supported for GNU/Linux-libre as our kernel.

throgh wrote:

Bad news for the moment when you look here for Debian: https://wiki.debian.org/rtl819x
And: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/ke … e/RTL8192E

You would need a non-free firmware-blob loaded at runtime, which is not supported for GNU/Linux-libre as our kernel.

Ok, i change my chipset, thanks for news

No problem, your welcome. Doing the best for supporting! smile