Topic: I'm getting a lot of directory permission difference issue

So, I just switched to hyperbola from artix and I'm experiencing a lot of directory permission issues.

I installed Milky Way v0.4.2 over LVM on LUKS.
I got some of then even when running the `pacstrap` during installation.
For eg:

$ doas pacman -S fuse2
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Package (2)        New Version  Net Change

extra/fuse-common  3.10.3-2       0.05 MiB
extra/fuse2        2.9.9-1        0.59 MiB

Total Installed Size:  0.64 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(2/2) checking keys in keyring                                                                                       [----------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(2/2) checking package integrity                                                                                     [----------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(2/2) loading package files                                                                                          [----------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(2/2) checking for file conflicts                                                                                    [----------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(2/2) checking available disk space                                                                                  [----------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
:: Processing package changes...
(1/2) installing fuse-common                                                                                         [----------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(2/2) installing fuse2                                                                                               [----------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
warning: directory permissions differ on /sbin/
filesystem: 750  package: 755
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Displaying hyperrc service help ...
        ==> Add a service to runlevel:
        rc-update add <service> <runlevel>
$

Also I couldn't run `openrc` + many other commands as normal user?

Re: I'm getting a lot of directory permission difference issue

The system is quite more strict towards filesystem and permissions. So have you checked the groups your user is into?
When you want to execute commands with root-privileges you need to look closer into /etc/doas.conf. Also Artix GNU/Linux and others use other ways approaching FHS. So you need for sure to execute commands with root-access or into /sbin and /usr/sbin with:

doas [YOUR COMMAND]

For example you need to be member within the group "wheel" for better root-access. smile

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

[castor@POTATOPC ~]$ groups
wheel network video audio storage power castor
[castor@POTATOPC ~]$ openrc
bash: openrc: command not found
[castor@POTATOPC ~]$ cat /etc/doas.conf
cat: /etc/doas.conf: Permission denied
[castor@POTATOPC ~]$ doas cat /etc/doas.conf
doas (castor@POTATOPC) password:
## doas configuration file.
##
## See the doas man page for the details on how to write a configuration file.
##

## Allow members of group wheel to execute any command
permit persist :wheel

## Same thing without a password
#permit nopass :wheel

## Allow tedu to run procmap as root without a password
#permit nopass tedu as root cmd /usr/sbin/procmap

## Allow members of group power to execute power commands
permit nopass :power cmd openrc-shutdown
permit nopass :power cmd runit-halt
permit nopass :power cmd runit-shutdown
permit nopass :power cmd halt
permit nopass :power cmd poweroff
permit nopass :power cmd reboot
permit nopass :power cmd shutdown

## Allow root user to execute any command
permit nopass root
[castor@POTATOPC ~]$ doas su
sh-5.1# openrc
* Caching service dependencies ...                                                                                                                                                         [ ok ]
* Starting wpa_supplicant ...                                                                                                                                                              [ ok ]
* /run/sndiod: creating directory
* Starting sndiod ...                                                                                                                                                                      [ ok ]
sh-5.1# exit
exit
[castor@POTATOPC ~]$ poweroff
bash: poweroff: command not found
[castor@POTATOPC ~]$ openrc-shutdown
bash: openrc-shutdown: command not found
[castor@POTATOPC ~]$

And if I run openrc-shutdown as root it executes.
I guess you understood what am i tryinna to say?
I mean is hyperbola made this way; Am i being confused here or if it is an actual issue?

Okay, I think that's need a clearing. No problem for sure: First things first. You won't have any access as mentioned towards specific folders beyond /usr/bin as "normal" user therefore. So the group wheel is a good starting point. Sidenote: If you want gaming, you should add yourself to the group games:

doas usermod -aG games [USER]

You don't need doas for su. Just type into su direct.

For starting a service:

doas rc-service sndiod start

You should also make yourself member of the group power (look at doas.conf therefore.

doas usermod -aG power [USERNAME]

With this you can execute without entering your password:

doas reboot
doas poweroff

Please ask more for sure if something is unclear. I know that's quite different and a harsh startup. But don't give up for sure: It's quite a thing because you can build your own system and have it working you want as YOU are in command. smile

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Besides: Sorry, unkind from me. Welcome here!
Have a nice time using, asking and more.