Topic: [Xournal++] Cannot preview print jobs of PDF files

When I click preview I see in the terminal
"sh: line 1: exec: evince: not found"

Is it possible to change the PDF previewer to ePDFView which is in the repos (I could not find such a setting in the menus)?

Re: [Xournal++] Cannot preview print jobs of PDF files

Thanks for reporting: I will look into that.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

This has nothing to do with xournalpp itself as far as I can tell now from looking into the code. It is more related to gtk itself. You can try to reconfigure the default: https://blogs.gnome.org/wjjt/2022/05/30 … -previews/

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Thanks. Based on your explanation I solved the issue by adding the line
gtk-print-preview-command=/usr/bin/epdfview %f
to
.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini
and now the preview works fine using ePDFView.

Super, thanks for posting your solution and configuration. So we can use that also for further explanations and solutions in the near future together.
Big THANK YOU! smile