Topic: Cannot copy paste using vnc

I found that the vncviewer hyperbola has in the repositories is: gtk-vnc
I managed to connect by running

gvncviewer localhost:1

but I could not use copy-paste between client-server.
When connecting using other os like gnuinos with tightvncviewer I can copy-paste in the server as usual. This is not the biggest deal in the word, but if someone has a solution it will be very helpful for my work.

let them build as many prisons as they want.
Even if the siege is closing in around us.
Our mind is like a wanderer, and will always be free.

Re: Cannot copy paste using vnc

Please take into perspective that "other os" using packages like tightvncviewer also include a bunch of security-issues and also especially Java. So we won't and don't include that. Also direct copying between client and server is not allowed about security. You would need then to find other ways like for example network-share or FTP-transmission, which is surely quite better done.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

3 (edited by nparafe 2023-05-23 18:19:57)

throgh wrote:

So we won't and don't include that.

You got me wrong, I never proposed to include anything, this part was to clarify that the settings in the server was correct. 

throgh wrote:

Also direct copying between client and server is not allowed about security. You would need then to find other ways like for example network-share or FTP-transmission, which is surely quite better done.

I am talking about copying and pasting text, not files. Is this a security issue also? As I said, not the most important thing in the world, just a minor annoyance.

It was surely not meant that I understood that as a wish. smile It is just to explain why we don't include it also for other readers. I'm sure you are okay and that right from the beginning.

Copy and paste is a generic way, so to have access on the clipboard there are several preconditions needed, also s message-bus and that was what I meant. Sorry for that, but with dbus we are here surely in a different field.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

throgh wrote:

with dbus we are here surely in a different field.

I know about dbus. Sometimes I struggle to undestand some technical terms, but as I follow hyperbola for sometime now, am confident that there are valid reasons for not adding something.
Anyway thank you for your explanation.

No problem, but you have nevertheless a good point to remember on. When we find a solution for this, it will surely part. wink
So thank you.