Topic: [Hyperbola] Around the website and wiki, elementary changes

Hello together,

within this thread we want to document the changes around the website and the wiki of the Hyperbola-project. This includes for sure also partwise debates on missed out information needed to be added.

For the moment to leave as newest addition: Hyperbola is independent and not only with the focus on GNU/Linux-libre!
We have therefore modified the Social Contract with point 6. The original point 9 about "Arch GNU/Linux and Debian" was removed (remember as Hyperbola is independent) and a newly created point 12 (original point 13) was added.

When HyperbolaBSD is going further into the alpha-phase point 7 and point 8 will be also removed. The reasoning here is that we no longer provide GNU/Linux in any form at a point in the future and we also do not need "deblobbed kernels" as our own operating-system and its infrastructure is following our ruleset and does therefore surely not contain non-free blobs.

There will be a FAQ coming in the near future, so we can hand out a list about facts and information for HyperbolaBSD, clearing up common misunderstandings. And within the next days we rework also the information-site for Hyperbola.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Re: [Hyperbola] Around the website and wiki, elementary changes

To reduce the lack of information we have removed all further languages except English. As not all articles are translated this had gotten to problems for the community.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Thank you for updating. Hyperbola wiki is becoming more useful by the week.*

I saw that this piece was also removed from social contract:

"We only focus on community-driven projects and software. Everything else driven by capitalist interests is foremost kept out as there can be no free and libre culture under pure orientation for those perspectives"

I understand that this part was a bit vague and leaves many things in question. Not replacing this part though  leaves the social contract lacking the clear anti corporate distinction it had from other projects.

I would like to hear the team's thoughts about this.

* As I have a pending responsibility about providing some wiki content, I will try to be online to the irc channel for a couple of days, so Throgh if you can, please contact with me because I need some guidance.

let them build as many prisons as they want.
Even if the siege is closing in around us.
Our mind is like a wanderer, and will always be free.

Thanks for letting know, I will clear this missing part up. smile
We talked about that this part is too vague and removed it for the moment. But there is for sure work to redo that better.

EDIT: Work is now finished with a better text, representing essential values.

We have reworked our Rust-article, removed old links and information, renewed and added examples: https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id … _trademark

We added a new article about Hyperbola's Update Philosophy: https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id … philosophy