Topic: [HyperbolaBSD] Asking for help and support

Hello together,

within this thread we would again asking for help to debug the kernel and support the further development. If people have interest, please leave a message and a way to get in touch. You can always look on a first step for the pre-alpha here: https://repo.hyperbola.info:50000/other … bsd_debug/

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Re: [HyperbolaBSD] Asking for help and support

Hello . Please tell me where the test image is, I can’t figure out a lot of files..

I understand correctly that this is hbbsd_v0d99pa_debug.img, I also see obsd_v7d0.img In OpenBSD it is install74.img

https://cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/7.4 … tall74.img

There was no announcement up as HyperbolaBSD has not reached the pre-alpha phase. And I underline again: HyperbolaBSD is NOT OpenBSD any longer. It is based as hard fork in origin of OpenBSD 7.0. Therefore also the IMG-file.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Thanks for the answer . can you explain what these files are?

bsd_ext2.img                                    03-Oct-2023 21:03          4702989312
bsd_ext2.img.sha384                               04-Oct-2023 19:02                 111
hbbsd_v0d99pa_debug.img            04-Oct-2023 16:25          4702989312
hbbsd_v0d99pa_debug.img.sha384        04-Oct-2023 19:03                 122
hbbsd_v0d99pa_debug.sh                       04-Oct-2023 17:30                1463
hbbsd_v0d99pa_debug.sh.sha384          04-Oct-2023 19:16                 121
mount.txt                                                  04-Oct-2023 17:59                 767
mount.txt.sha384                                     04-Oct-2023 19:01                 108
obsd_v7d0.img                               04-Oct-2023 16:25          4702989312
obsd_v7d0.img.sha384                           04-Oct-2023 19:08                 112

The "pre-alpha"-image (hbbsd_v0d99pa_debug.img) is initial constructed with the corresponding OpenBSD-image (obsd_v7d0.img). Alternative image (bsd_ext2.img) was also used, so all is offered in that file to have everyone take a look. Again to underline this current pre-alpha-version is not really booting up and is used as call for help and support, giving interested the opportunity to debug.

Okay, I understand you. Can I download and test "pre-alpha"-image (hbbsd_v0d99pa_debug.img) https://repo.hyperbola.info:50000/other … _debug.img  on Qemu? Install, see how it works, etc.

Or does this make no sense and we need to wait for an announcement?

First to note: This version current is only for debugging-purpose. The next version marked for "pre-alpha" is also not intended for production usage. To underline: Those are meant as pre-alpha. You won't have any packages there, nothing more than pure terminal-basic. So no desktop, no applications, nothing. Just the system around, userspace and kernel.

8 (edited by jim 2024-01-07 19:53:58)

I understand that work is still underway.

hbbsd_v0d99pa_debug.img

pa - "pre-alpha"

I also wanted to ask why such a heavy 4.4 Gb file? That is, with programs it can weigh 5-6Gb?

I repeat again, jim: That is pre-alpha, not finished, in development, in debugging and since that initial files there was and is development done until now. Also all included files have therefore debug-code included and are not optimized.

I understand you, I will not download and install until there is an official message.

Thread closed, no further need.