Topic: Scanner not found by simple-scan

$sane-find-scanner
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8, product=0x0160 [Epson DS-70]) at libusb:001:014

$groups
sys wheel network video audio optical storage scanner input power users
$pacman -Ss sane 
extra/perl-common-sense 3.75-1
    Implements some sane defaults for Perl programs
extra/perl-file-slurp-tiny 0.004-1
    A simple, sane and efficient file slurper
extra/sane 1.0.31-2 [installed]
    Scanner Access Now Easy
extra/xsane 0.999-2
    A GTK-based X11 frontend for SANE and plugin for Gimp.
extra/xsane-gimp 0.999-2
    XSane Gimp plugin

The problem is that scanner is not found using simple-scan.

Aditional info:
Scanner is working with Linux-libre kernel: https://h-node.org/scanners/view/en/2362/DS-70 by installing libsane
Scanner is listed working with complete support at: http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html

let them build as many prisons as they want.
Even if the siege is closing in around us.
Our mind is like a wanderer, and will always be free.

Re: Scanner not found by simple-scan

Hello nparafe,

sorry for all that inconvenience in the original thread. I have now did a split: I will do now the following in the upcoming days as I have a printer-scanner-combination also but until today no time getting this running with Hyperbola 0.4.x. First I will check both services running:

cupsd and saned

Second I will focus on the scanner-part:

1. Checking if sane is recognizing my scanner:

scanimage -L

2. Checking if sane can work with it:

scanimage --format=png --output-file test.png --progress

3. If sane cannot recognize my scanner:

scanimage -L

device `pixma:04A91749_247936' is a CANON Canon PIXMA MG5200 multi-function peripheral
scanimage --device "pixma:04A91749_247936" --format=tiff --output-file test.tiff --progress

4. Verifying possible backends for my scanner:

scanimage -A

With those information I will post again here, but I may also run into errors. In that case I will retry and rebuild sane.
So I think we have now a good "loop" to repeat until having a good part of information going forward.

This is only for the scanner on my part. So I will post first tomorrow what model it is (I have it not in reach for the moment). wink

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Re: Scanner not found by simple-scan

With ALL the information we can get out here (and partwise from the other thread): I can then create a working wiki-article. It would be helping if you can verify also later, so we have therefore a good article generic helping.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!