Topic: Automounting NTFS usb drive

I am trying to setup automounting in an XFCE system running the Thunar file manager.  I installed gvfs, and ntfs-3g with intent that it should allow reading and writing to a usb drive that was formatted as NTFS.  With these installments, I am able to have Thunar automount the NTFS usb drive, but it only gives me read permission, no write permission.  With an ext4 formatted usb drive, I can get both read and write permission.  Is it possible to get write permission on the NTFS drive?

Re: Automounting NTFS usb drive

probably an older ntfs3g bug

try download ntfs-3g from parabola linux web and install it locally with pacman -U

Re: Automounting NTFS usb drive

This is fixed even within 0.3.1. Good advice is not to install packages you don't have compiled yourself from other systems as Parabola is using systemd and many other unwanted depedencies.  You can also use newer PKGBUILDs from 0.4 if you want as ntfs-3g is here: https://www.hyperbola.info/packages/ext … 4/ntfs-3g/

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!