1 (edited by zapper 2019-12-13 21:24:17)

Topic: Other Payment options?

In addition to the thread I made regarding donations,  Let me and others know if you know of other payment options, ones that respect the social contract.

PS, don't use transferwise, if you know of a better way, matter of fact, use whatever method is the best for you personally. smile

Anyways, any thoughts?

PS, transferwise is not really the best way, its just an example. But it doesnt really respect freedom. Only use that if you don't mind the risk. 

As for me, I am willing to do much for this project. But please keep this all in mind okay?

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

Re: Other Payment options?

Just to remember for Librapay. I'll take a closer look onto this platform in the upcoming weeks. A single donation for every 4 month is one thing but another to have a better and safe income for the developers, the distribution(s) and the platform itself.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Just had a look onto Liberapay and wanted to start another way for donations but this was not possible as I've got the following note:

Hyperbola hasn't configured any payment method yet, so your donation cannot actually be processed right now. We will notify you when payment becomes possible.

Could somebody of the team look after that account?

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

throgh wrote:

Just had a look onto Liberapay and wanted to start another way for donations but this was not possible as I've got the following note:

Hyperbola hasn't configured any payment method yet, so your donation cannot actually be processed right now. We will notify you when payment becomes possible.

Could somebody of the team look after that account?

Hyperbola suspended its donation account in Liberapay because it requires us to configure a Stripe or PayPal payment account to receive donations. See our official announcement for further details.

Okay, thanks. Didn't see that or better: Had this not in mind!

is it possible to add a NEO Wallet to the payment options?

Do you have some more information about that?

throgh wrote:

Do you have some more information about that?

are you asking me about NEO Wallet!
NEO is a cryptocurrency it would be great to add an address were i can send some money to help this project
like 2 dollars a month smile
and for why NEO cause i wont have to pay any transaction fees

Ah okay, I'm not into the cryptocurrencies at all for now therefore my question. You mean this one? https://neo.org/

throgh wrote:

Ah okay, I'm not into the cryptocurrencies at all for now therefore my question. You mean this one? https://neo.org/

yes thats the one im asking for!

Recently, Catira (one of the Hyperbola co-founders) kindly offered us her PayPal account to receive donations. It's a "workaround" for those users who are limited to make donations through PayPal or credit/debit cards (eg. US native/resident users). Anyway, if somebody could find another alternative for those users, please let us know.

12 (edited by dikasp2 2020-05-11 02:51:56)

may i suggest an alternative cryptocoin ?
1.doge coin
reason: cheapest transfer fee. example based on indodax (my local exchanges): bitcoin 0.0005 btc (4.5 usd), ethereum eth 0.005 (1 usd),  doge coin 5 doge (0.01 usd)
2.monero xmr
reason: for those who prefer anonimity

Yes, other payment-options would be surely "nice", but therefore we need more:

1. Managing those options.
2. Even more important also a transparent overview for everyone.

With those two initial points in mind: I close this thread and rely onto this one. Thanks!