Topic: Recommended software to build email servers?

Lately, I've been interested in building my own server and I thought one of the things I could use it for is for building my own personal email server.

I'm a total beginner to this sort of thing but I appreciate it needs to have
encrypted storage for my emails and be secure against possible malware and hacking attacks, which means I should rely on libre software to build the server.

So I wonder what the Hyperbola community recommends for building
an email server, besides installing it in libre hardware like Technoethical's computers?

Thanks.

Re: Recommended software to build email servers?

Hello, I think an interesting starting-point could be the project Mailcow - especially this archived version as I don't think the dockerized one is reasonable better. It is about building your own mail-server with predefined configuration-files. Yes, first one the sources and information are on Github. But this is more about research for the first start startup as this one is done for Ubuntu and Debian!

The components are interesting:

I've tried this once with Ubuntu 14.04 back the days and think about migrating also to Hyperbola with usage of the sources from the concurrent server-system - not yet finished with thoughts about that. Another alternative could be iRedMail.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Re: Recommended software to build email servers?

Another link, especially focussed on OpenRC: https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/ISP_M … _3.x_HowTo
And here: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/ … -linux-vps

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!