1 (edited by zapper 2019-12-13 21:42:59)

Topic: Hyperbola Project needs donations!

I have donated some money, recently, but unfourantely, this distro needs way more. And they haven't recieved money since august.

Also keep in mind, the more you guys donate, the more packages, and architectures he will be able to support.

But yeah, Hyperbola recently has been in trouble financially, I am asking as someone who really loves this distro, please help this project.

I used transferwise, but if you have a better way, do so.

If you need help with wire transfers, information needed to make the transfer, ask maybe Emulatorman  or someone else from the team

If you are willing and able that is.

Thank you in advance for listening!

PS, if I missed any donations that may have happened, feel free to mention!

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

Re: Hyperbola Project needs donations!

I'll do another donation when being home as I'm absolutely into Hyperbola and the future plans. Also I want to see the points on the TODO-list happen, needed these days!

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

throgh wrote:

I'll do another donation when being home as I'm absolutely into Hyperbola and the future plans. Also I want to see the points on the TODO-list happen, needed these days!

Thank you very much! I appreicate it, and so do the devs. smile

zapper wrote:
throgh wrote:

Thank you very much! I appreicate it, and so do the devs. smile

Had this in mind for January and I don't want this distribution to vanish in any way as there is absolutely need for clear principles in such days and time we are into.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Done, will do another one as planned in January.

6 (edited by throgh 2019-12-14 11:28:05)

cynicfm wrote:

Would help of course, but as i have been unemployed for many years, i don't really have incomes so money is issue for me...
Also where i live in Poland let's say i have some cash now, i don't think donating like 20 dollars would make much difference...

Although if Hyperbola disappears, then what else is there to use... sad

Hmm, I think every kind of donation is helpful as Hyperbola is not that kind of big - I like this one very much as I like the personal contact between users and developers. But don't think about "X dollars don't make much difference" because it minimizes yourself. Everything is helpful!

EDIT: And you are learning, as everybody started at one point and nobody is absolutely "perfect". smile

Everything is counting and support for Hyperbola can be done on many ways. smile

Hey people, I think really every type of donation is helpful: If you have some hardware running especially under Libreboot and you can spare it, I don't think this will be ignored. Here you can find out more. Perhaps you have also ideas about stickers as mentioned on the site?

And of course: Any kind of donation will be good for the team keeping up the work behind!

Same as zapper I think this distribution needs much more support as it is our chance regarding (INIT-)freedom, security and privacy. Done myself the next donation as mentioned before!

9 (edited by throgh 2020-01-14 23:12:42)

Is there a message about receiving the donation I had done?
Besides: How much money is needed for doing more work onto HyperBK and Hypermixer?

10 (edited by zapper 2020-01-15 00:47:54)

throgh wrote:

Is there a message about receiving the donation I had done?
Besides: How much money is needed for doing more work onto HyperBK and Hypermixer?

I can always let him know if you'd like. smile

He has been overloaded a lot with the current work of HyperBK... So much so that Hypermixer is on hold for now...

Although, I would love to see HyperMixer out before HyperBK. If possible I mean...

If the donation was successful, everything is okay. I don't need mentioning or credits. And my question was in relation to the roadmap itself, because I would be happy seeing version 0.4 out in the wilds. wink

12 (edited by rachad 2020-01-31 18:53:48)

i will start donating next months even a 10 usd every month if its from too many people it will help a lot
i also wanna know if its possible to add a NEO wallet in the Payment methods

Hey,

I'm new to Hyperbola but this Distro has got to be the distro I perhaps use for the rest of my days. So, I have nothing but respect for the developers, and I was just thinking of supporting so I will start by using 'normie' paypal.

Parabola's ISOs never worked, GUIX made my computer so hot that I could probably reheat my tea with it and the system updates took forever 'why not use Gentoo instead', and Trisquel... well is Trisquel. ANYWAYS I will eventually try to give this distro more coverage in the mainstream in the mediums I can.

14 (edited by zapper 2020-07-12 03:54:47)

dal wrote:

Hey,

I'm new to Hyperbola but this Distro has got to be the distro I perhaps use for the rest of my days. So, I have nothing but respect for the developers, and I was just thinking of supporting so I will start by using 'normie' paypal.

Parabola's ISOs never worked, GUIX made my computer so hot that I could probably reheat my tea with it and the system updates took forever 'why not use Gentoo instead', and Trisquel... well is Trisquel. ANYWAYS I will eventually try to give this distro more coverage in the mainstream in the mediums I can.

Actually, to be blunt, parabola isos sucked completely... would be what I would say, except I never tried their minimal install ones.  But the graphical install isos suck baaaadd... always breakage once it was installed.

Hyperbola has had the same issue, however, with ONE or TWO notable difference(s), only in very rare cases, or if the install iso your using is older than the current version.  Like using 0.2 iso when 0.3.1 is out kind of thing. or replace 0.2 with 0.3 version, same issue to the best of my knowledge. This has happened before a few times.

That being said, Hyperbola testing is more stable then devuan testing and definitely devuan unstable. Only use testing though if you good at repairing from things such as kernel panic or broken files or have the patience to reinstall in rare cases or you know how to fix things via chroot. 
I brought this up because, Hyperbola's testing is quite stable for me most of the time...  I will let you know Hyperbola's Stable release is even more stable. smile
Only downside is no sndio yet.

One other thing I will say, I ditched Trisquel and even devuan for this because of its devotion, etc...
Guix I do not trust, chromium anyone? ungoogled or not, its still insecure... whether free or not. which i don't think it is yet.

Gentoo, I have heard is a very hard one to install, could be wrong and then there's trisquel which has the worst forum I have been on. 

Some people are really hostile to common sense security/privacy. And they love anything redhat as long as it is licensed under a free license, such as systemdumb dumbbus, poopaudio, etc...   
They think openssl is also fine, java is fine, rust is fine, essentially they don't care about freedom at all or security either.

Redhat and mozilla love being sneaky when they break freedom.  Google too and of course microsoft as well. Apple is well, obvious...
But meh,

I ranted a bit, but yeah, appreciated that you plan to give this distro some coverage, it needs it greatly. smile

Quick correction btw, I should have said almost always with regard to parabola guis. They almost always broke, not always, but only two successful installs out of maybe 13 or more failed ones. wink

I should also add, anything with a chromium base or webextensions I refuse to trust. Only uxp! and yeah, trisquel users flamed me or ridiculed me I should say, a lot till I finally quit twice, on the second time, I decided this is enough... still haven't gone back, due to the absurdity of people who think chromium based web browsers or webextension based web browsers are more secure than firefox based ones or firefox xul based web browsers. Such foolishness earns them my distrust.

I feel sad about this though. But meh what can you do... just gotta live your life right?

zapper wrote:
dal wrote:

Hey,

Actually, to be blunt, parabola isos sucked completely... would be what I would say, except I never tried their minimal install ones.  But the graphical install isos suck baaaadd... always breakage once it was installed.

Hyperbola has had the same issue, however, with ONE or TWO notable difference(s), only in very rare cases, or if the install iso your using is older than the current version.  Like using 0.2 iso when 0.3.1 is out kind of thing. or replace 0.2 with 0.3 version, same issue to the best of my knowledge. This has happened before a few times.

That being said, Hyperbola testing is more stable then devuan testing and definitely devuan unstable. Only use testing though if you good at repairing from things such as kernel panic or broken files or have the patience to reinstall in rare cases or you know how to fix things via chroot. 
I brought this up because, Hyperbola's testing is quite stable for me most of the time...  I will let you know Hyperbola's Stable release is even more stable. smile

One other thing I will say, I ditched Trisquel and even devuan for this because of its devotion, etc...
Guix I do not trust, chromium anyone? ungoogled or not, its still insecure... whether free or not. which i don't think it is yet.

Gentoo, I have heard is a very hard one to install, could be wrong and then there's trisquel which has the worst forum I have been on. 

Some people are really hostile to common sense security/privacy. And they love anything redhat as long as it is licensed under a free license, such as systemdumb dumbbus, poopaudio, etc...   
They think openssl is also fine, java is fine, rust is fine, essentially they don't care about freedom at all or security either.

Redhat and mozilla love being sneaky when they break freedom.  Google too and of course microsoft as well. Apple is well, obvious...
But meh,

I ranted a bit, but yeah, appreciated that you plan to give this distro some coverage, it needs it greatly. smile

Quick correction btw, I should have said almost always with regard to parabola guis. They almost always broke, not always, but only two successful installs out of maybe 13 or more failed ones. wink

I should also add, anything with a chromium base or webextensions I refuse to trust. Only uxp! and yeah, trisquel users flamed me or ridiculed me I should say, a lot till I finally quit twice, on the second time, I decided this is enough... still haven't gone back, due to the absurdity of people who think chromium based web browsers or webextension based web browsers are more secure than firefox based ones or firefox xul based web browsers. Such foolishness earns them my distrust.

I feel sad about this though. But meh what can you do... just gotta live your life right?

Hahaha true! I didnt try their minimal install guide cause is kinda scary looking compared to Hyperbola or plain Arch. Though I might give it another try.
Funny that you brought up ungoogled-chromium since that package took about 30min to update in Guix until I decided to quit(cool concept for a distro just not there yet).

Yes, I do really feel like the developers have something of great value here in Hyperbola.

dal wrote:
zapper wrote:
dal wrote:

Hey,

But meh,

Hahaha true! I didnt try their minimal install guide cause is kinda scary looking compared to Hyperbola or plain Arch. Though I might give it another try.
Funny that you brought up ungoogled-chromium since that package took about 30min to update in Guix until I decided to quit(cool concept for a distro just not there yet).

Yes, I do really feel like the developers have something of great value here in Hyperbola.

Parabola's minimal install wasnt that much scarier than Hyperbolas back when Hyperbola was in 0.1 and 0.2, but meh... Parabola is becoming harder for them to maintain now I noticed.  Probably security issues are drawing people away from them to Hyperbola or other distros.

As for ungoogled chromium, if it takes 30 mins to update in ANY os, there is a massive problem with your internet or OS.

Still not sure if its libre, but I know its less secure than even webext firefox let alone iceweasel-uxp and basilisk browser/palemoon.

And yeah, Hyperbola ftw, although, I am eager even more when HyperbolaBSD goes into Beta.   That will promise to be even better than both Hyperbola GNU/Linux-Libre, and everything else. smile

Yeah, in my opinion I would prefer to just offer it as an alternative, I've heard good things about OpenBSD but their kernels won't support a lot of drivers unless you are using ancient hardware like me (x60), at least that's what all seem to agree.

dal wrote:

Yeah, in my opinion I would prefer to just offer it as an alternative, I've heard good things about OpenBSD but their kernels won't support a lot of drivers unless you are using ancient hardware like me (x60), at least that's what all seem to agree.

That all depends on the implementation, I bet that is because the OpenBSD devs dont like to accept GPLed code. I very much doubt that HyperbolaBSD devs will make that absurdly dumb mistake.

I also think this issue you mentioned will not be a problem whatsoever for the exact reason I gave you.  Heh, but I will ask them if he thinks that's the reason for poor driver support. smile

HyperBK (Hyper Berkeley Kernel), a BSD descendant kernel with GPL-compatible licenses preserved, non-compatible ones removed, and new code written under GPLv3

I think HyperBK and HyperbolaBSD are going to accept GPL-code. smile

Just to mention this thread as we need for sure also financial support for hosting and providing all needed services. So if you would like to provide support with donations: https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id … redirect=1

throgh wrote:

Just to mention this thread as we need for sure also financial support for hosting and providing all needed services. So if you would like to provide support with donations: https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id … redirect=1

Out of curiosity, how much do you guys need in general?

I'll try to help if I can, just need to check how much I can give.

22 (edited by nparafe 2022-02-02 07:34:11)

I have just sent a donation, using paypal (the only way unfortunately I could made the payment).

Sending the transaction receipt by e-mail, I got an error:
<donate@hyperbola.info>: host smtp.hyperbola.info[185.177.150.7] said: 550
    Invalid recipient (in reply to RCPT TO command)

let them build as many prisons as they want.
Even if the siege is closing in around us.
Our mind is like a wanderer, and will always be free.

nparafe wrote:

I have just sent a donation, using paypal (the only way unfortunately I could made the payment).

Sending the transaction receipt by e-mail, I got an error:
<donate@hyperbola.info>: host smtp.hyperbola.info[185.177.150.7] said: 550
    Invalid recipient (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Thanks for your feedback, I'll take it and come back with answers for a possible solution.

Coming back with answers: Would be this link about near information ... https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id … t=1#paypal

And Paypal: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c … source=url

I hope this helps you a little bit more.

throgh wrote:

Coming back with answers: Would be this link about near information ... https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id … t=1#paypal

And Paypal: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c … source=url

I hope this helps you a little bit more.

There has been a misunderstand. The donation has been successfully and the money was send using paypal.

I thought that I needed to send the paypal receipt by e-mail to donate@hyperbola.info. The error code was from the mail I have sent.

let them build as many prisons as they want.
Even if the siege is closing in around us.
Our mind is like a wanderer, and will always be free.