Topic: Where is cupsfilter?

I cannot find it but the man page is still on my system.

Re: Where is cupsfilter?

Have you tried cups-filter?

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

I don't have that either (I have cups-filters installed).

Perhaps this is part of cups itself.

Checking: Seems so when looking onto "Arch Linux". I have downloaded the concurrent package from stable. The binary "cupsfilter" is in /usr/sbin/ within the package "cups-2.2.4-2.hyperbola4".

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

5 (edited by aloniv 2020-08-09 18:02:44)

/usr/sbin/cupsfilter works but only as root. is there a way to run it as a regular user?

These are the groups I'm a member of:

sys disk lp wheel games network video optical storage scanner power wireshark kvm lpadmin audio

Perhaps it can help adding the concurrent command within "sudoers":

user ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/cupsfilter

Yeah, that's kind of dirty solution. But just for testing purpose?

I can run the command using sudo but why can i not run it by default without sudo?

cups has to be added to rc-update like this,

rc-service cups start (With sudo or doas)

At least as far as I can remember.

although actually it might be rc-service cupsd start

don't ask why it would be done that way though, I just remember having this issue once.

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

I ran rc-status and cupsd appears under runlevel default so that's probably not the issue.