Topic: chroot can't find /bin/bash

Installing Hyberbola milky way in a virtual box on devuan operating system. Things go well
until it was time to chroot into Hyerbola.

# arch-chroot /mnt
        [chroot: failed to run command /bin/bach: no such file or
        directory.

# ls /bin | grep bash
bash
bashbug
rbash

I tried # arch-chroot /mnt /bin/bash but same error was returned.

I should not that base system fialed to installed. Access to core.db. extra.db, and community database
could not be resolved/ Not sure if these are essential to base system.

Re: chroot can't find /bin/bash

haines wrote:

Installing Hyberbola milky way in a virtual box on devuan operating system. Things go well
until it was time to chroot into Hyerbola.

# arch-chroot /mnt
        [chroot: failed to run command /bin/bach: no such file or
        directory.

# ls /bin | grep bash
bash
bashbug
rbash

I tried # arch-chroot /mnt /bin/bash but same error was returned.

I should not that base system fialed to installed. Access to core.db. extra.db, and community database
could not be resolved/ Not sure if these are essential to base system.

Well the access to core is essential. So far: Could you please verify the image you have used for installation? Sounds like there are quite some issues there.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

im not sure your case are the same as mine

but it happens to me a long time ago, the cause is pacstrap fails to install some core packages which provided root system folders.

ensure you have a good internet and check if there any error message from pacstrap/pacman

If by verify you mean check sum, I did that, and the downloaded ISO is OK.

I initially tried https://repo.hyperbola.info/other/live_ … o.torrent. but it switched me automatically to some bogus address. So I downloaded the ISO from somewhere.  Its checksum was OK.

I now find that I can download the torrent file, but it has .torrent, not for as extension. I access it in deluge and deluge reports
an error:   $ deluge
[ERROR   ] 16:47:11 torrentmanager:1147 on_alert_fastresume_rejected: hyperbola-milky-way-v0.3-dual.iso fast resume rejected. check resume(/usr/local/share/Hyperbola/live_image/hyperbola-milky-way-v0.3-dual.iso/hyperbola-milky-way-v0.3-dual.iso): mismatching file size

I tried wget as well to download the torrent. For three the downloaded fille is 27136 Kb and has a .torrent extension.

https://mirror.fsf.org/hyperbola/gnu-pl … hyperbola/
https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id … redirect=1 and did a check sum on it.

If the check sum is OK, does this not imply the fhree .db files were downloaded successfully?

Okay, if the checksum is fitting so far then this part of the analysis is done. Furthermore how do you connect with the network when booting up the installation? Do you have contact to other remote addresses - beyond your local network?

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!