Topic: Could not resolve host: repo.hyperbola.info

Installation of base system apparently failed. At at least core,dbl extra.db, community.not installed.

I''m installing Hybperbola into QEMU on a devuan operating system. Things go smoothly
until it came to install the base system.

My devuan system use a USB dongle for its wireless connection to the router. I don't know how the Hyperbola installation is expected to know how
to get out. With other operating systems I first have to  set up the network.

No trouble accessing the repository with a browser.

Haines Brown

Re: Could not resolve host: repo.hyperbola.info

haines wrote:

Installation of base system apparently failed. At at least core,dbl extra.db, community.not installed.

I''m installing Hybperbola into QEMU on a devuan operating system. Things go smoothly
until it came to install the base system.

My devuan system use a USB dongle for its wireless connection to the router. I don't know how the Hyperbola installation is expected to know how
to get out. With other operating systems I first have to  set up the network.

No trouble accessing the repository with a browser.

Haines Brown

Hmm, when booting for installation, could you try to test a ping towards some domains (not quite hyperbola.info for the first start)? How do you connect the system?

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Re: Could not resolve host: repo.hyperbola.info

I find that I cannot reboot hyperbola.

$ ./install.sh hypberbola-milky-way-v0.3.1-dual.iso
  pulseaudio: pa_context_connect() failed
  pulseaudio: Reason: Connection refused
  pulseaudio: Failed to initialize PA contextaudio: Could not init `pa' audio driver
qemu-system-x86_64: warning: hub 0 with no nics

The window that pops up only displays this and hangs:

SeaBIOS (version 1.12.0-1)
Booting from Hard Disk....

My install.sh has

kvm -hda hyperbola.img \
    -cdrom hyperbola-milky-way-v0.3.1-dual.iso \
    -m 512 \
    -net user \
    -soundhw all

I carried out some of the installer's routine and thus may have altered some file that prevents a reboot..