Topic: Full-disk encryption on GRUB payload in libreboot/coreboot

if the grub cfg files are not present when doing fulldisk encryption at the time of making the grub cfg file, what would be the next step to troubleshoot, also many other .d files seam to be empty is that normal? cheers in advance for any feedback.
with " grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg"
my issue is that after I do so I get this issue
"/usr/sbin/grub-mkconfig line 237: /boot/grub/grub.cfg.new"
which from my understandment is referring to the grub.d scripts
and line 237 is the following:
if test "x${grub.cfg}" != "x"; then
rm -f "${grub.cfg}.new"
oldmask=$(umask); umask 077
exec > "${grub_cfg}.new"
umask $oldmask
fi
line 237 -> exec > "${grub_cfg}.new"

Re: Full-disk encryption on GRUB payload in libreboot/coreboot

After installing grub, did you run grub-install? The script it is looking for should be generated by that.

3 (edited by i3_relativism 2020-10-08 18:00:46)

yes I did run this command:

grub-install --no-bootsector /dev/sdX

This is unrelated, but I cannot communicate with you in any other way unfortunately, I think is unproductive for you to call my eforts in improving the wiki "great wall of spam", just because they are a lot of contributions doesn't mean they are bad, also if I was you I would be careful aligning with quirilo given that he many times jumps into conclusions without any base for it, so no it wasn't me doing the supposedly unnecessary contributions to /core and /extra.

Anyway cheers for the feedback on the other matter, though.

4 (edited by i3_relativism 2020-10-08 16:40:20)

when installing a unix like system would one need to mount the swapvol before to be detected by genfstab?
in nano /etc/mkinitcpio.conf where you need to change the values on uncomented HOOKS line shouldnt the flag udev be eudev given that is the default maintain by gentoo?
when using lvm luks encryption and when creating /home and /boot directories should one do this before mounting then from /mapper or after in /mnt, and if so why?

i3_relativism wrote:

if the grub cfg files are not present when doing fulldisk encryption at the time of making the grub cfg file, what would be the next step to troubleshoot, also many other .d files seam to be empty is that normal? cheers in advance for any feedback.
with " grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg"
my issue is that after I do so I get this issue
"/usr/sbin/grub-mkconfig line 237: /boot/grub/grub.cfg.new"
which from my understandment is referring to the grub.d scripts
and line 237 is the following:
if test "x${grub.cfg}" != "x"; then
rm -f "${grub.cfg}.new"
oldmask=$(umask); umask 077
exec > "${grub_cfg}.new"
umask $oldmask
fi
line 237 -> exec > "${grub_cfg}.new"

I think you were supposed to do, /boot/grub.cfg 
If its full disk encryption.  That's how I always did it. unless something has changed.

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!