Topic: talk: rust and truth

this is just my opinion tough, correct me if im wrong

rust clearly have trademark problems, yet i dont find any resolve or discussion about them on fsf site especially in gnuzilla the mozilla suite liberation front. another fact that rust is old program and the problem about them would likely to be noticed. so why these issue doesnt emerged a long time ago.

some finding from my research:

at least fsf marked rust with antifeature but still inlcude (seemingly approved) them

https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Rust

other fsf distro would likely takes action only if there is clear clarification from fsf about rust status

https://labs.parabola.nu/boards/19/topics/476

some other question still not answered yet from dev mailist

overall im curious about the truth of rust and the alleged position of fsf about them. im just afraid fsf is becoming more liberal with freedom lately. many phylosophical cases hasnt been resolved and looks fsf doesnt take much topic about them eg: qtwebengine, systemd's domination, free standards compliance, etc.

for people who interested lets share our thoughs here smile

Re: talk: rust and truth

Well, I have also those thoughts about the concurrent situation. While even looking onto the HURD-project for example. Yes, there is some kind of progress over the years. But the Linux-kernel was from my memory only some first startup possibility and now it seems the FSF and many others just stopped onto looking for more freedom in general and more clear principles being left out. One argument from Parabola is quite strange at all, quote:

pretty much every distro has rust, firefox, thunderbird, etc;
but those have never been seen as a problem

I could also answer: Most distributions are not even bothering with the freedom of users as they put proprietary and free software side by side into their repositories. Just to look at Arch Linux or Ubuntu. That's very strange as argument brought up! Just like being not interested in freedom flaws itself. roll

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!