Topic: Is something off with keyring??

Tried to make a fresh install on another pc and keep getting signature error when trying to get xenocara packages.  Tried re-initializing the keys but no help.  Also updated the hyperbola-keyring package but still get signature errors.  Anyone else see this problem?

Re: Is something off with keyring??

Emulatorman's keys have expired on 1st Feb. Since most packages are made by him, new keys should be updated soon I guess.

3 (edited by rachad 2021-02-12 19:38:57)

i spoke with Emulatorman yesterday and he said that he could upgrade the keys in arch-keyring, but he don't see a total solution the solution is for him to package all pkgs under an only key (build server) and he wont do that....., at least he was not planing to do it yesterday in short, release v0.4 as fast as possible is the right fix to all our problems

for those installing hyperbola to try it and hack arround with it you can edit /etc/pacman.conf and change
SigLevel = Never

Great, that would mean v0.4 would be coming soon! big_smile

For fresh install,

SigLevel = Never.

is the only choice. However, it's highly recommended to do a fresh install once v0.4 comes out with the signature checks since one can't trust packages without signatures.

Good to know it's just a transition issue with the keys.

The coming of v0.4 is what's motivating my latest installation, want to try out a minimalist approach for a change.  The different window managers have perked my interest lately.  It's pretty cool how much you can learn about these things with this distribution, and really like the doors it is opening for beginners like myself.  Overall, a nice direction to move into and great forum.  Thanks.