Topic: Tryout for Hyperbola

Just letting you all know: We are tried out.

https://trisquel.info/de/forum/hyperbol … stemd-free

So waving a HELLO and perhaps more people interested to help a distribution built more or less from scratch? Feel welcome.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Re: Tryout for Hyperbola

throgh wrote:

Just letting you all know: We are tried out.

https://trisquel.info/de/forum/hyperbol … stemd-free

So waving a HELLO and perhaps more people interested to help a distribution built more or less from scratch? Feel welcome.

Hello, I would do so, but I am not on Trisquel anymore, and well... I kind of have little or no interest in going back, that being said, I hope some people will come over to help you, this is an awesome distro. smile

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

Have also no access to the the forums, but I thought it is nice way when people look onto here that we also read elsewhere. So if you all read it here: For sure come over for a talk, or better likewise the Elder Cain said (for sure changed by me now):

Hello my friends, sit down, stay a while and listen.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

And for every Trisquel-user interested: Please don't compare both systems / distributions. Hyperbola is using a completely different approach then Trisquel itself. You will see that even within the installation. If you have questions: Feel free and ask here. It is just polite to do so we could see problems you found and solve them together. And please see: 0.3.1 is the last stable version, but we are also a small team. There are solutions for the download- and update-problems. Therefore Hyperbola is NO unstable or insecure environment. That is not correct and not okay to make such a statement. Thank you! smile

And yes: I read you for sure. Would be cool when you read us here. It is a nice and small community, interested in different views and perspectives. And if you think something is missing for 0.4: Make proposals, give us hints or make even your own package-builds. The invitation is here, dear friends of free, libre soft- and hardware.

A quick note: People being interested in Hyperbola should also know that this system demands being modified. So you think glibc is too old? Or gcc-multilib not fitting your need? Build your own. The PKGBUILD is there and you can do it. A simple search here in the forum and you are ready to go: https://forums.hyperbola.info/viewtopic.php?id=327

You need newer compiler? Same procedure: https://forums.hyperbola.info/viewtopic.php?id=352

That's your system with your rules. And when you demand to install another browser, you should also be able to install newer versions of packages needed. Besides to note also: Hyperbola 0.4 won't support applications any longer with depending on dbus and dbus-glib.