Topic: people who seek fame on Hyperbola Project?

For a long time I have observed the commits in the Hyperbola Project Development Team

I can say that only some developers on the list pushed git commits

- https://www.hyperbola.info/members/developers/
- https://git.hyperbola.info:50100/~team/packages/

There are developers as someone named "Saravia" who only pushed 2 git commits to place him in the development team and then he never knew about him. Or maybe Guillaume .B  (bUst4gr0).

- https://git.hyperbola.info:50100/~team/ … ?h=saravia

As I understand, there are people who take advantage of  goodness of the founders of Hyperbola to get a little fame and then do not appear in months or years.

Hyperbola Project should better filter your devs and prevent this type of people to take advantage of just to "win fame".

Please Hyperbola Project, stop support fake devs.

Re: people who seek fame on Hyperbola Project?

Hello thanks for your input, so I will explain more onto: Hyperbola is a project to include the complete community. In fact all here can be developers, just listing official names does not mean the people have more rights as others being part of the user-base. So it is not a thing about fame or searching for that: It is peer building and testing. Yes, for now there will be no more members listed but as you also can see here we take the PKGBUILD-scripts also from members besides own ones and transmit them - with some modifications when licensing is wrong or something is further missing.

Back to six or five months the team searched for more help and the people now with commit-access are the ones being there for doing that at the point and the git-repositories were therefore enhanced and restructured: They take this point ahead. But better not to look onto the git-activity itself as some are testing, others go forward with the TODO-list or experiment with new package-builds.

Hyperbola is project supporting also technical emancipation further. This means: Just because for example I'm being active in the forums does not others being not so active are not reading, same for the git-activity. There is much done and we don't search for fame, just for a good running system being safe, private and absolutely free and libre. Your own system and you being invited to modify it as you wish. smile

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

what fame will they gained anyway ? its not like fakebook system where people wasting their time doing unnecesary post just for yearning fames.

that was how contribution in free software works since long time ago. its fine, everyone are free to do and leave as they wish because their contribution are eternal and always be there and usefull for anyone who needed, no one forced todo and to take anything.

compare that to people devoted himself for fame and personal benefit in fakebook, some just a waste of time, some even spur hatred and war, some are hoax etc..

i see the point yarine is rising and hes right in many other ways, so here i promiss you that we will deal with this as we see it fit wen time comes.
at least we will make sure those who get add are those who have already contributed to hyperbola and willing to countinue doing so.

Please remember: Meritocratic principles are toxic. So at best it would be good to talk with people instead of mentioning their names here. I can only motivate you to get in contact with people, Yarine. And before discussing names here: Don't do that, otherwise it would be better to close the topic. We can for sure discuss about the meritocracy, if wished. But it is for sure no point about fame or being admired from anyone. That's for sure the wrong place and the wrong system to do so onto. wink

Having hierarchies, people to have complete more rights and much more is absolutely fatal in the end. And believing in hierarchies? Better not, we have enough to do in other ways with authoritarian politics. And we can also see it right now: People being invited to help and support, don't react further - example was to see right some days ago as Hyperbola had a tryout from others and I thought they could be here to help with ideas and discussions. Did not happen. This can have many reasons, but it stays an individual decision. Yes, you could be frustrated, but how long? Change people? Not possible. Just show what is meant throughout own actions instead of pointing on others. Way better.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!