Re: Proposals for package-integration

Well, you can tryout different ways: First please don't execute libremakepkg itself without creating a clean chroot itself. Parabola has more details about: https://wiki.parabola.nu/Package_maintainer_guide

Another way:

doas librechroot clean-repo

To create a chroot named i686, used on 32bit-systems:

doas librechroot -C /etc/pacman.conf -M /usr/share/pacman/defaults/makepkg.conf.i686 -n i686 make

To create a chroot named x86_64, used on 64bit-systems:

doas librechroot -C /etc/pacman.conf -M /usr/share/pacman/defaults/makepkg.conf.x86_64 -n x86_64 make

You can then use the command:

doas libremakepkg -n i686

or

doas libremakepkg -n x86_64
Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Please remember than: This will be therefore a clean environment and a bare installation for testing your buildouts. If you encounter problems with compilation, read the message and change the dependencies. If they are not available within the repositories, please go for them first and give us hints adding them or give us the corresponding PKGBUILD-scripts to do that.

That's the reasoning for example libreoffice is tested today and I have now the fourth compile-tryout with missing dependencies encountered. That's the reasoning why Hyperbola has chosen another way in comparison towards Arch Linux for example as the packages are NOT built on the machines of the developers. So you won't stand also directly mentioned as submitter or packager. wink

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

HarvettFox96 wrote:

An incoming package of the Arc theme, it focally uses GTK2/3 and nixes Cinnamon and GNOME Shell.

And also Faba.

Would you mind to change some parts for future package-additions? First: Please never rename the license-file. We cannot do that as this is not correct for a system following the FSDG itself. So at best when you find the license-file: Add it as the author(s) done, the same name and everything else. Also please only one license at all when a package is chosen to be possible provided with multiple licenses. When parts of a software-package have different licenses: Use them and include all corresponding license-files as they should be also there - otherwise the resulting package cannot be accepted and provided in Hyperbola.

Please also use the correct license-names: "BSD-3-clause" is not fitting with the free licensing. You can find the corresponding names here: /usr/share/licenses/common/. You can test that later on within a librechroot and a message warns about unknown free licensing for the package.

Please use Debian-patchsets at every place possible. There is good example how to do that with this PKGBUILD-example: https://git.hyperbola.info:50100/packag … m/PKGBUILD
We also use that as a common standard: So the folder "debian" is handled exactly that way possible. That's a point about good code-quality and defaults. That can be changed within the future, perhaps even made more clear. But that's the part the team used until now and it should not be changed for 0.4 only for a few packages. wink

So in general for all readers and interested again the packaging-guidelines: https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id … guidelines

I created another package proxychains.ng . I made a clean chroot. However I can't get the patches dir and series file to work. It cleans before creating the package somehow.

$ cp -r ./* /var/lib/archbuild/x86_64/anonymous/build/proxychains-ng/

I execute above code in dir where PKGBUILD, series file and patches directories exist and they're copied properly. However, after libremakepkg, logs show there are no such dirs.

Also, I created builduser but I still get prompt for password. What's the config for doas?

105 (edited by HarvettFox96 2021-10-30 03:44:00)

I understand you, throgh. I had my laptop reinstalled without messing up and used libretools to make a package for the first try.

A proposal for the doas-configuration in regards for libretools:

## doas configuration file.
##
## See the doas man page for the details on how to write a configuration file.
##

## Allow members of group wheel to execute any command
permit :wheel

## Same thing without a password
permit nopass :wheel

I

sagaracharya wrote:

I created another package proxychains.ng . I made a clean chroot. However I can't get the patches dir and series file to work. It cleans before creating the package somehow.

$ cp -r ./* /var/lib/archbuild/x86_64/anonymous/build/proxychains-ng/

I execute above code in dir where PKGBUILD, series file and patches directories exist and they're copied properly. However, after libremakepkg, logs show there are no such dirs.

Also, I created builduser but I still get prompt for password. What's the config for doas?

In theory, you should be able to reinstall doas to restore the original package contents. I have done that with alsa-sndio and it worked.

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

108 (edited by HarvettFox96 2021-11-02 12:48:42)

Building libvirt 7.0.0 using parameters based on OpenBSD led to failure for not linking rpc/rpc.h to an installed dependency libtirpc properly. I just tried to put -I/usr/include/tirpc into CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS variables to build it again and it works now.

109 (edited by HarvettFox96 2021-11-04 13:12:53)

Alright, folks. Here's the pre-finalized package build script of libvirt.

Feel free to look up build option parameters and modify it if you want.

Hey throgh, what do y'think my recent posts above I made a few days ago?

Have seen them. Thank you! smile
Will look as soon as possible and try to integrate also the daemon-parts for libvirt.

112 (edited by HarvettFox96 2021-11-05 11:44:36)

Three more incoming dependencies for virt-manager.

We would need therefore also a VNC-server implemented as package. Which one? Reasonable many of them have too much dependencies also for Java. Personally I think a view into x11vnc would be possible. Also some more packages needed for having Hyperbola 0.4 feature-ready for being a headless server without desktop needed. So the next I look:

opendkim
spamassassin
spampd

114 (edited by HarvettFox96 2021-11-05 12:36:31)

And finally, that's about it.

115 (edited by HarvettFox96 2021-11-06 10:53:23)

The breakdown after virt-manager: We have a Japanese Mincho font called Hanazono for Chinese and Japanese users, which contains over 78k characters.

Then the next one, a Korean font series called Baekmuk for Korean users.

And a better different one to xstarfish, which it has more choices to generate everything differently.

Much to look over within the next week. smile
Is virt-manager up and running without major issues? Especially I'm thinking about the combination towards libvirt as "daemon".

Nevertheless: A BIG THANK YOU.

https://clipground.com/images/birthday-teddy-bear-clipart-3.jpg

HarvettFox96 wrote:

The breakdown after virt-manager: We have a Japanese Mincho font called Hanazono for Chinese and Japanese users, which contains over 78k characters.

Then the next one, a Korean font series called Baekmuk for Korean users.

And a better different one to xstarfish, which it has more choices to generate everything differently.

Regarding the PKGBUILD-scripts some proposals you should use for the future otherwise we have to redefine that every time again when importing them:

- Please don't copy the patchsets from Debian, move them clearly into the source-structure. The reasoning here is simple but quite effective as the resulting structure has no left parts.
- Please don't use tabs for inline code, just simple spaces.
- Please no script-tricks with reusing variables inside the URL, especially with Debian: The reasoning here is again that we have one default and don't want to break that for individual packages. We can do that in the future for sure, but than all other packages need to follow the same standards. smile

And a personal annotation: We should not use the wording and short phrase "app". Those are "applications", "programs" or "software". An "app" is just again a buzzword.

Just to mention: Two new applications are to be added with badwolf and luakit.
Both ready for compilation and local tested, so being part within the last commits!

Next to come and finish:

spamassassin and mpd for having so far a basic offering of most services within packages.

throgh wrote:

Just to mention: Two new applications are to be added with badwolf and luakit.
Both ready for compilation and local tested, so being part within the last commits!

Next to come and finish:

spamassassin and mpd for having so far a basic offering of most services within packages.

Thank you! Just something I should mention though about mpd...

there is a fork of ympd you should me aware of...

https://github.com/jcorporation/myMPD

I thought I would mention, since you were adding mpd stuff anyways.

wink

Up to you, I am happy to use mocp most of the time anywho.

smile

Yes, I'm aware of the fork. Problem is: Especially that one is not compatible with libressl right now. Perhaps another fixing can help here, but no final promise as the first tryouts were not that successfully. But time will tell. ympd is used daily from me as I have also a fine "music-box" being adjusted throughout a web-interface without even bothering the little system to my side and it is not that much needed as I can tell: It can even compile bigger packages and I'm talking about a real older one from 2006 (32bit).

Just a heads up, youtube-dl might be on life support... I think it would be wise if hypervideo became dependant on the youtube-dl fork here: 

https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp

I dunno if debian has it added yet though.

So we have done most of the proposals possible for now. What was not included was not or will not be possible in the near future. Some reasonings: Especially icon-packages includes most the time symbolsets for unfree applications and formats. In relation to the time we can invest it is more important to include applications and libraries instead. Proposals for further desktop-environments are interesting, but for example the fyne-desktop was built on top of go and as we have support for gcc-go it would be again very much time we'd have to invest to make especially that possible. It sounds cool to have as many packages as possible, but nevertheless we'd like to choose quality before quantity.

I hope personal that most of the wishes made possible and being included meet up the taste of the community. smile
And for sure sure: There will be more views onto for upcoming releases like 0.4.1 for example.

zapper wrote:

Just a heads up, youtube-dl might be on life support... I think it would be wise if hypervideo became dependant on the youtube-dl fork here: 

Hypervideo has been using yt-dlp from approximately 3 months

checking: https://git.hyperbola.info:50100/~~heck … o-pre.git/

Regards

~ Jesús E.

Heckyel wrote:
zapper wrote:

Hypervideo has been using yt-dlp from approximately 3 months

checking: https://git.hyperbola.info:50100/~~heck … o-pre.git/

Regards

Ah cool! You are way ahead of me!

My bad, wink

I'm unable to understand librechroot and libremakepkg. So basically, it creates a chroot, checks if packages conflict with blacklist and if I'm not wrong it has quite some focus on abslibre repo.

Parabola's documentation is always not simple. They leave out a few parts and let the user struggle to understand things. I have another opinion there. User doesn't have to understand your created system if they don't want to. If user wants to, system should be simple and code should be commented enough that he can!

I still can't get the series and patches files copied.

I'd like to know this, how is libremakepkg different from makepkg and what exactly does it do?