1 (edited by saravia 2021-11-03 17:23:23)

Topic: alternative for load-loopback at v0.4

Hi friends, i have a cuestion xD!!

what is the alternative for this command at the v0.4?

pactl load-module module-loopback source="alsa_input.pci-0000_00_1f.3.analog-stereo" latency_msec=22 channel_map=right

or maybe better

pactl load-module module-loopback source="alsa_input.pci-0000_00_1f.3.analog-stereo"

^ for the new users of sndio maybe someone find that before me xD!! n_n

Re: alternative for load-loopback at v0.4

saravia wrote:

Hi friends, i have a cuestion xD!!

what is the alternative for this command at the v0.4?

pactl load-module module-loopback source="alsa_input.pci-0000_00_1f.3.analog-stereo" latency_msec=22 channel_map=right

or maybe better

pactl load-module module-loopback source="alsa_input.pci-0000_00_1f.3.analog-stereo"

^ for the new users of sndio maybe someone find that before me xD!! n_n

Not sure, but if you have sndio running, I am curious of what you are trying to achieve. I did write a guide somewhere on hyperbola regarding mpv playing videos properly... tongue

Bottom line, more info needed.

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

The command pactl is not available on Hyperbola 0.4 as it is not supporting PulseAudio. You can choose sndio as sound-server or bare ALSA to use - both should be fine. smile
So the question is: What is the situation to be done at best? Perhaps sndio has support for what you want to do from the ground up? Or you can also use ALSA only and configure that for your purpose. Just remove sndio and alsa-sndio.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

4 (edited by zapper 2021-11-04 23:56:42)

Ah good note, I didn't think he was talking about pulseaudio lol.

My bad... tongue

Question btw, Throgh, do the uxp apps require sndio?

Not that it matters given the current situation...

But yeah I wondered.

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

Yes, iceweasel-uxp needs sndio. But it is also possible to recompile it against classic ALSA. There is a concrete issue for doing: https://issues.hyperbola.info/index.php … sk_id=1569

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

maybe one alternative is use a mix hardware external for ear myself my microphone input