Topic: Looking for a job

Hello Hyperbola Project community.

In recent months I have had to deal with financial and family problems. I'm currently out of work and may not be able to continue contributing to the development of Hyperbola Project unless I fixed job problem.

I'm currently away from home, but I have no intention of causing concern to the community.

A cordial greeting!

~ Jesús E.

Re: Looking for a job

Wishing only the best, heckyel. And seeking out for solutions together with you!

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

This is one of the major problems of free software. That it has to rely on a benevolent patron (who typically in turn earns from proprietary software) or the contributors themselves make or support proprietary software at another firm.

I ask you not just to seek another job but to think about this issue's solution. This would solve things in long term. Free software should itself support every person working for free software.

sagaracharya wrote:

This is one of the major problems of free software. That it has to rely on a benevolent patron (who typically in turn earns from proprietary software) or the contributors themselves make or support proprietary software at another firm.

I ask you not just to seek another job but to think about this issue's solution. This would solve things in long term. Free software should itself support every person working for free software.

Sometimes that works, but not always. Life is complex, although I do agree working on proprietary software would make things tricky.

I am sure that isn't something he plans to do anyhow.

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

sagaracharya wrote:

And "free software" is a relative description - systemd is also within. So what next? Please stop making such wishes without the knowledge of heckyels situation, It is nothing bad to have a daily routine to have life running. And I will not discuss that matter here in this thread as it is not possible to have something to eat with a "castle in the air". For having free software persist we need a system-change also. Better working on that slow but steady.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

throgh wrote:
sagaracharya wrote:

And "free software" is a relative description - systemd is also within. So what next? Please stop making such wishes without the knowledge of heckyels situation, It is nothing bad to have a daily routine to have life running. And I will not discuss that matter here in this thread as it is not possible to have something to eat with a "castle in the air". For having free software persist we need a system-change also. Better working on that slow but steady.

This is also true, I was trying to be more patient, but yeah... agreed 100%

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!