Topic: No News?

The news page hasn't being update in awhile, I'm worried that this project is dying off. Is that worry unfounded, What's going on with the project?

2 (edited by nparafe 2022-02-10 12:40:18)

Re: No News?

0.4 release is loading.... You can view the progress here

let them build as many prisons as they want.
Even if the siege is closing in around us.
Our mind is like a wanderer, and will always be free.

nparafe wrote:

0.4 release is loading.... You can view the progress here

What timing.

I agree that the news page hasn't been updated in quite some time, but v0.4, a small intermediate pit stop towards HyperbolaBSD is around the corner.

Hey, we are doing our best to fulfill all parts. For now to prepare the release of 0.4 has absolute priority. But be sure there will be announcements coming before final release. smile

But I can explain a bit more:

- All packages were built from scratch and instead having some kind of snapshot or a mirror of packages, so this took the most time.
- We have looked especially that there are no remains of unwanted dependencies left and watched onto the removal of unwanted, bloated dependencies.
- Tests took also quite an amount of time and for sure there will be always some packages to be optimized, that we are working on.

Nevertheless we have managed to bring up the next step within the roadmap going towards Hyperbola using a complete own structure. A clean system: Freedom and Beauty of Simplicity!. If you need more information, just ask and as long possible I'm going to answer.

Look at the list of packages: https://www.hyperbola.info/packages/
All those are now the complete system, with complete sources. So when we can announce the final release you will find all for the own access available to build your own system.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!