Topic: How long does a package move to the stable repository from white hole?

How long does a package move to the stable repository from white hole?

It's only for my own knowledge.

^_^

Re: How long does a package move to the stable repository from white hole?

for now packages gets add to stable repository wen a new version is released

I thought it happened when the package was reasonably stable, aka, it has most of the expected functionality required, etc...

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

And therefore we have testing.
We integrate packages first there for the whole community to be tested. Please remember: Even libraries or command-line-programs can have so many test-cases that we as single persons cannot overlook all of them. That's also the reasoning we go even slower now with completely new packages or stop in a whole for them.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

I make an example, this package:

linux-libre-lts 5.10.103_gnu1-1

https://www.hyperbola.info/packages/cor … libre-lts/

or  this new

snownews 1.9-1

https://www.hyperbola.info/packages/ext … /snownews/

When will they be included?
If nobody reports errors for 30 days or 3 months...etc
Its state changes? Something like that?

For a kernel there are different test-cases. But in general they are part for 0.4.1 to come as in previous release-cycles itself. So we are onto to set the packages for this release to come. But there is more to be included for a retrospective as your-freedom will be readded then within core. smile

It is also important to mention that we cannot report back a continious cycle as our whole perspective is for now:

- Assure that Hyperbola has a stable financial base and support.
- Have a better inclusion for issue-reporting and workflows.
- Preparing further parts of BSD-transition as 0.4 marks more or less the last version based onto GNU/Linux-libre for now.

The more test-feedback we get, the faster we can mark problems as solved and newer packages integrated as being successful. Hyperbola was, is and will be always a community-system. Nevertheless the BSD-transition is the biggest part to come and our team is small. So even we wish to include more we cannot, we need to test all packages and assure they have the same base and support.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

7 (edited by gnu 2022-04-02 17:12:58)

All right what you say, but I would like to understand what While Hole is, certainly my bad English does not help.
White Hole = someone puts a new software in the White Hole,  then, if someone else has time to test it, we pass it to stable, otherwise, it remains in the hole (at this point black hole I would say) right?

"White Hole" has nothing to do with the "Recent Updates" window of Parabola GNU/Linux...Except the same location on the website.

I understood something or I'm off-road

No, the naming-scheme for Hyperbola is oriented onto galaxies. Nevertheless we don't tranport single packages, as rachad mentioned: Only fixed release-cycles. When there is a fix needed fast (named Starfix for example in issue-tracker): That is a different point because stability and security is on risk. But generic upgrades or lesser fixing are not included into that.