Topic: AppArmor

I'm wondering if AppArmor is ever going to be part of the Hyperbola repositories.
I reckon it would be of great help to keeping the OS secure, in tandem with Firejail and other security apps.

Re: AppArmor

burhen42 wrote:

I'm wondering if AppArmor is ever going to be part of the Hyperbola repositories.
I reckon it would be of great help to keeping the OS secure, in tandem with Firejail and other security apps.

I dunno, I forget why, but I feel like there was a reason it wasn't secure and therefore not added. Although I use ufw or gufw anyways as my firewall.

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

3 (edited by whombola 2022-06-18 17:21:35)

Hi There,

MAC Apparmor is essential to secure packages otherwise packages vulnerabilities/0 days can breach to the system without proper privilege limitation or sandboxing.

So not shipping apparmor/apparmor profiles let alone activating them by default thats for surely reduction to the security of the system.

Unless that im not aware of a project doing better job than apparmor for the packages.

Feel invited if you think to include it for BSD-systems for example. Help is always welcome here. But besides all that: We don't support PAM and inclusion of PAM also, while AppArmor is using that. We won't stay at GNU/Linux: https://www.hyperbola.info/news/announc … d-roadmap/

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!