Topic: Use calamares gui installer by default

Hi, is saw hyperbola saying it follow KISS design which is not bad but on the same time using CLI installation which is im not sure how is that should be simple for new users.

There are arch based projects using calamares e.g https://alci.online/

I saw a post since 2018 talking about using calamares:

https://forums.hyperbola.info/viewtopic … d=260#p260

But we are now in mid of 2022 and still not there, wonder what takes it too long to be implemented/used.

Re: Use calamares gui installer by default

Hello, Hyperbola is planning to migrate completely away from GNU/Linux and using BSD as base. So besides that Hyperbola is also going more and more away from GNU/Linux as base. The original plans had to be changed therefore as we also no longer provide a graphical system directly as live-image.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

oh i see, thats explain it.

Thanks smile

If you have interest to support: We have plans for hyperinstaller being included the fast as possible. Let me know if you want to see more so I can post the corresponding links here.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Will an openbsd-like text ui installer be available, too?

Hey, as of missing interest the further development of hyperinstaller is being on hold - for the moment. I cannot make a final statement for the moment as we are in the middle of the kernel-development. But there will be for sure a text-oriented way for installation. smile