1 (edited by gnu 2022-07-14 22:07:00)

Topic: Libreboot "stable" 20220710 released

I installed the new libreboot on a X200, it works great, boot faster.

https://libreboot.org/news/libreboot20220710.html

Re: Libreboot "stable" 20220710 released

With noting that this release will be more or less the last one. So the project is history to be seen. Perhaps this one stays interesting for the future? But it will be outright the last release under that meaning. The rest to come for the future is know illusioning and I see all my criticism about the steps Leah Rowe has taken being correct. sad

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

throgh wrote:

With noting that this release will be more or less the last one. So the project is history to be seen. Perhaps this one stays interesting for the future? But it will be outright the last release under that meaning. The rest to come for the future is know illusioning and I see all my criticism about the steps Leah Rowe has taken being correct. sad

Cannot agree with this more, if I tried...

She might have some issues, but this doesn't effect her coding skills...

Also, until we have a better option, regarding osboot/libreboot that is easier, I don't see a point in being stubborn...

Also, it doesn't add anything to make that comment and it doesn't take anything away to use her project's images either.

Evaluate how it works, then decide...

That would be the wise move.

smile

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

Well, for "osboot": It is also more easy to compile coreboot on your own completely. And it is working right out of the box on Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre. The reasoning is the build-system from Libreboot and "osboot": Using sudo and enforcing gettext means you need to rework that. I have tried that some time ago but well as mentioned: It was a better outcome for using "coreboot" directly - for non-Libreboot hardware surely.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

throgh wrote:

Well, for "osboot": It is also more easy to compile coreboot on your own completely. And it is working right out of the box on Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre. The reasoning is the build-system from Libreboot and "osboot": Using sudo and enforcing gettext means you need to rework that. I have tried that some time ago but well as mentioned: It was a better outcome for using "coreboot" directly - for non-Libreboot hardware surely.

That is my point, more or less.

Until something better arrives...

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!