1 (edited by the_hype 2022-08-02 09:58:11)

Topic: Dear Hyperbola community :D

First of all a big big thank you and congratulations.

You are a great community and the result is obviously the best OS-Distribution on the planet.

I used Hyperbola for the developement of the Goldkarpfen project and the consistency and ethics of HB is fundamental to its creation.

So, the question was/is how can i help - ... yes i did already - it's Project Goldkarpfen:
A unix style www replacement that will make the hierarchical network structures as we know them today obsolete.

For me it is now time to move on and leave the hierarchical network - you will find me in Goldkarpfen space.

Here you have a quick overview:
Tarball size 42kB
LOC 1123 99% Posix Shell (testet with dash, busybox, mksh, bash) and some python
GPL-3
Install size 224kB
Memory usage ~10MB

You can find it here:
torsocks curl http://om7ybe3o6ilo5wmnag73xn3is7rryqrr … est.tar.gz -o Goldkarpfen-latest.tar.gz

(but there will be a package build soon for arch like systems)

I will leave the www (the browser based server-client part of the internet - in an active role) now, it is obsolete.

I wish you a great journey through the realms of the cyberworlds and always remember: you are wonderful!

p.s. post your Goldkarpfen-node-url here - i will add it, if possible.

Re: Dear Hyperbola community :D

the_hype wrote:

First of all a big big thank you and congratulations.

You are a great community and the result is obviously the best OS-Distribution on the planet.

I used Hyperbola for the developement of the Goldkarpfen project and the consistency and ethics of HB is fundamental to its creation.

So, the question was/is how can i help - ... yes i did already - it's Project Goldkarpfen:
A unix style www replacement that will make the hierarchical network structures as we know them today obsolete.

For me it is now time to move on and leave the hierarchical network - you will find me in Goldkarpfen space.

Here you have a quick overview:
Tarball size 42kB
LOC 1123 99% Posix Shell (testet with dash, busybox, mksh, bash) and some python
GPL-3
Install size 224kB
Memory usage ~10MB

You can find it here:
torsocks curl http://om7ybe3o6ilo5wmnag73xn3is7rryqrr … est.tar.gz -o Goldkarpfen-latest.tar.gz

(but there will be a package build soon for arch like systems)

I will leave the www (the browser based server-client part of the internet - in an active role) now, it is obsolete.

I wish you a great journey through the realms of the cyberworlds and always remember: you are wonderful!

p.s. post your Goldkarpfen-node-url here - i will add it, if possible.

The current people who have too much control on the web seem to be pushing it towards max bloatware...  that being said, I very much hope you can succeed, peace all! for real and I hope it all works out for you!

smile

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

Re: Dear Hyperbola community :D

zapper wrote:

The current people who have too much control on the web seem to be pushing it towards max bloatware...  that being said, I very much hope you can succeed, peace all! for real and I hope it all works out for you!

smile

thank you very much, unknown internet entity, see you on the other side big_smile

last message - over and out...