Re: Hyperbola Project needs donations!

Okay, seems there is a problem with the mail-server then. Will give it also back.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Hello
I would like to donate to Hyperbola Project. I don't know much about this stuff. Please tell me how to convert my cash to Monero so that it is anonymous and through ethical services and then make a donation. And also how to convert Monero  to Bitcoin. There are many videos on invidious , but I wanted to ask the community not to repeat the mistakes of others. Thanks in advance for your help.

louis wrote:

Hello  Rachad

Okay, I understand you. But the very idea of long-term support for participants would be nice, maybe even selling souvenirs with the Hyperbola logo. This practice is successful, it will popularize our distro not only in the virtual environment but also in the real one, plus it brings more money than one-time donations. Here is one example https://shop.fsf.org/ or https://trisquel.info/en/store . One could develop a program by asking the community what they think about it.
As for coins, I'm studying the issue..

yes louis ur idea is great, i will have to check out with everyone before adding such thing, for now we have add patreon https://www.patreon.com/hyperbola_project
so right now many people can help by joining our patreon from there we will think about what long-term support participants can get maybe here on the forum they can have there profile description changed by there choice were u see moderator on my profile that description could be changed for those who donate in patreon for example, for now we are moving slowly toward a hyperbola project that can sustain it self and pay the cost of our servers.

Due to lack of technical knowledge and work/family life, I cannot contribute my time to this wonderful and full of prospect project. But I can contribute financially instead. Hyperbola is crucial, to have a fully free and completely indepentent OS.

Other projects, like Linux foundation, FreeBSD and OpenBsd, unfortunatelly recieve financially support from big tech (Google, Facebook, Microsoft). Not hyperbola.  We need to keep their greedy hands as far away as possible. Their money are toxic.

As I have just signed for montly payment, I urge more people to do so. People have the power!!!

let them build as many prisons as they want.
Even if the siege is closing in around us.
Our mind is like a wanderer, and will always be free.

nparafe wrote:

Due to lack of technical knowledge and work/family life, I cannot contribute my time to this wonderful and full of prospect project. But I can contribute financially instead. Hyperbola is crucial, to have a fully free and completely indepentent OS.

Other projects, like Linux foundation, FreeBSD and OpenBsd, unfortunatelly recieve financially support from big tech (Google, Facebook, Microsoft). Not hyperbola.  We need to keep their greedy hands as far away as possible. Their money are toxic.

As I have just signed for montly payment, I urge more people to do so. People have the power!!!

Whenever I see big tech logos on any project, I am a bit sceptical, especially with Linux foundation.

Donation is on the way.

Thanks for donating! smile

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Just again to remember that Hyperbola needs more financial support as we had problems with hosting earlier today. We have managed to get a solution working for the moment. Nevertheless: Free software is NOT gratis! Therefore the usage of the word "libre" and not only free, because it is ambiguous. Even 1 EUR is helping, there is no boundary or generic awaiting. But to all users who are not donating: We need support for sure.

Just to inform all that we won't receive funding from NLnet Foundation. The reasoning is therefore to be called:

just do not fit well enough within a certain fund

Please be also aware that we are not giving up anything or are for sure angry therefore. So the point is not that anyone here needs to be angry at the mentioned foundation. Frustration? Okay, that's for sure a common point and understanding. Nevertheless: There will be a way forward and therefore to remember that all is counting. Every little donation, every kind of support. If you want something be faster working, well give a helping hand. Testing? Yes, needed. Support within the wiki and documentation? Of course. You just need to raise a hand and give some people of the team a sign. We are there and you can contact us throughout the forum, IRC, Tox or some way else. smile

throgh wrote:

Just to inform all that we won't receive funding from NLnet Foundation. The reasoning is therefore to be called:

just do not fit well enough within a certain fund

Please be also aware that we are not giving up anything or are for sure angry therefore. So the point is not that anyone here needs to be angry at the mentioned foundation. Frustration? Okay, that's for sure a common point and understanding. Nevertheless: There will be a way forward and therefore to remember that all is counting. Every little donation, every kind of support. If you want something be faster working, well give a helping hand. Testing? Yes, needed. Support within the wiki and documentation? Of course. You just need to raise a hand and give some people of the team a sign. We are there and you can contact us throughout the forum, IRC, Tox or some way else. smile

This is both strange and confusing...

I dunno what made them decide this, specifically, but it is a damn shame...

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

Well, we have done what we can. We have prepared good enough in our perspective, added a concrete roadmap for HyperbolaBSD in special and also for the recurring Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre. But so it is: They have decided elsewhere. In the end it is for sure frustration, but we won't give up. So we will be doing it on other roads. But nevertheless we don't get lost from our roadmap.

throgh wrote:

Well, we have done what we can. We have prepared good enough in our perspective, added a concrete roadmap for HyperbolaBSD in special and also for the recurring Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre. But so it is: They have decided elsewhere. In the end it is for sure frustration, but we won't give up. So we will be doing it on other roads. But nevertheless we don't get lost from our roadmap.

Appreciate it very much.

It is a pity that there isnt some other option like crowdfunding, etc...

I don't know if you guys tried, but it might be better to wait for HyperbolaBSD to be 1.0 anyhow...

Then interest might climb like crazy.

smile

The Hyperbola-Project has brought concrete points even now to the public and has created four stable versions until today. People waiting for some release in the future and than telling us to donate should rethink about the concept of donations (not meaning and / or relying towards you, zapper). smile

We need support at any time: Financial support is one. But there are also different others: Testing, developing, bringing up ideas, infrastructure and administration, documentation and more. So supporting now is a concept to bring up also HyperbolaBSD faster. We understand for sure that we all are in hard times. But every cent is counting and also every idea, every line of code, every line of documentation. Only wanting to donate if this package or that version is in the view will result in the opposite direction of what the wording donation is meant for and interest climbing brings up also some more questionable thoughts again. So to state clear: Hyperbola-Project is meant lightweight, is meant also with edges. We are not supporting convinience when not made up from the ground with clear free, lightweight and libre software. Using bloated frameworks and so many dependencies just for some convinience will be also in the future not getting a warm "welcome" here, people. wink

To be fair, there are more than enough operating systems supporting convenience already...

So what you just said, doesn't just checkout, it is a friggin home run to the moon at this point...

Anywho, I will just say, donations could help you guys, but you would need a very significant amount for it to be more than just keeping the project alive.

Aka, making it easier to get people to work on project, etc...

My two cents

wink

zapper wrote:

To be fair, there are more than enough operating systems supporting convenience already...

So what you just said, doesn't just checkout, it is a friggin home run to the moon at this point...

Anywho, I will just say, donations could help you guys, but you would need a very significant amount for it to be more than just keeping the project alive.

Aka, making it easier to get people to work on project, etc...

My two cents

wink

Technical emancipation is not to reach with that. And that was and is the point! Waiting for some interest to come? Won't happen at all, because that is for sure completely arrogant in the review of all what was done until today. If we throw away concrete values for more public interest we will reach out nothing. So it is better to have a small system, but functional. Not that many architectures, not that many packages and more. But all a concrete point to build on top. The alternative is all in all the known problem why we are at this point. And we are for sure working on "making it easier". But the question is also: Why do we need to bother when people don't really care enough even today? It is not that complicated to understand, attend and build. There is one point needed: Time for reading and understanding. If people don't want that (and now we are back at what I have written about "convinience"), no one can help here. That's also the point: You cannot make something "easier" which is just plain logic. wink

We won't bring back bloated frameworks as they were removed for a reasoning, we won't establish questionable packages and we are in search for lightweight packages. That's all done for a reason and we have for sure not any kind of problem if people don't want all of that: There are enough other systems. But the point is just that: Donating is done throughout multiple ways. A helping hand is needed all-time and everyone is taking the time for explanations and discussions onto ideas. Money is one point. But throwing only money on top of something is not the final idea: It is a start to establish and preserve the infrastructure. There are people and creative minds needed to get more into. And free soft- and hardware is either done throughout altruistic engagement or otherwise failing further at a point when it comes only to the money: At one point talks about "copyright" are coming back and we rely onto a social contract in the opposite as Hyperbola is and will always be a community-driven project! It is as it is and giving way more room for searching money is the wrong point when seen alone. We would be onto the same point where others reside like the known "where would we all have been without the companies". The answer could be: Way better at a point as corporate "open-source" and more is only a toxic present.

And there were different tryouts until today to "make it easier" for people to attend and publish. The last one to remember was to test new window-managers being included as the not working replacements. smile But coming back towards to donations and support:

- Interest to attend within documentation?
- Interest to attend into testing?
- Interest to attend into further development?

Generic support with amounts of money for keeping up the infrastructure is also good. But there are seriously enough ways to attend and publish, easy enough with wide amount of possible discussion and integration. Just one thing: Speaking with each other and communication is key. If there is interest in Hyperbola as project, donation can be done right now without any waiting-time. 0.4 is there and 0.4.1 is coming soon enough. No waiting needed!

40 (edited by zapper 2022-08-05 03:13:41)

The below, was pointless to mention:

I agree with most of what you said, except your point, about interest not goiing to grow even when the BSD version arrives in beta or stable...

I may have been wrong before, on other things, etc...

That all being said, its also possible that people want to see its usefulness before they even test it...

Selfish? Yes

True? 50/50 as far as I am concerned. I am sure it is true for some though.

Some also might not contribute, thinking this project is doomed to failure.

I have spoken to one such person...

https://www.unixsheikh.com/articles/why … o-bsd.html

Forgot for a while to clarify, I was speaking of parts of his blog, not Hyperbola itself, that I agreed with.

But yeah, this post I made a while back was very much ***irrelevant***

Sorry...

zapper wrote:

I agree with most of what you said, except your point, about interest not goiing to grow even when the BSD version arrives in beta or stable...

I may have been wrong before, on other things, etc...

That all being said, its also possible that people want to see its usefulness before they even test it...

Selfish? Yes

True? 50/50 as far as I am concerned. I am sure it is true for some though.

Some also might not contribute, thinking this project is doomed to failure.

I have spoken to one such person...
(...)

Please stay on-topic as this thread is about donations for Hyperbola and not about "person has to say something in the global network", there are enough individuals and / or groups. This is not helpful for us here especially but you can post that in another thread or fitting topic - no problem about that. Thank you!

Yeah, sorry, I kept forgetting to change the post above, but anywho, I definitely wasn't saying Hyperbola was going to die like he thought, etc...

I meant, that some of his blog posts I agreed with on some level, etc...

I apologize, for not remembering to respond to this, to clarify sooner...

The point is: The global network is full with different opinions. No problem in the first place as it is the retrospective which makes us thinking and approving on points we need for sure - otherwise we cannot stand up for democratic values. But some people underestimate the strange game called "mine is better than yours" like the blog-author: It would be easy to approve major points of his wrong like "Linux is influenced with corporate interests" ... yes, and FreeBSD is getting support directly also or is the base of different projects from companies never giving anything directly back or sharing (to call some out: Sony and Netflix). They are even proud to be mentioned.

The reasoning is therefore easy to leave those grounds immediately as nothing "good" is resulting and "endless competition" has brought nothing more good as many people take it serious enough for doing so harmful things ... they would be better in leaving that for good. We can see clearly today that resulting problems on the planet have direct connections to that thinking and it won't get better as those beliefs also always count in "loosing grounds". Nothing to play with, nothing to wave away: "Loosing" on that scale means suffering for earthlings and surely deaths. Not acceptable! Therefore Hyperbola is playing in different regions, especially for this type. smile No interest in competition and the project has main interest in reasonable alternatives, inclusion and emancipation of all wanting that.

@throgh

Yeah... about that, all independent build operating systems seem to be corporately developed, not just BSD, either...

The difference is, BSD is focused on security alot more.

GNU? Linux?  Sadly, not likely, even most of the security focused forks or libre forks don't.

Well, soon enough HyperbolaBSD is part of that and we will see about many things. big_smile
Also to mention therefore our focus.

throgh wrote:

Well, soon enough HyperbolaBSD is part of that and we will see about many things. big_smile
Also to mention therefore our focus.

Agreed many times over!

Btw, you can tell Luke that Basilisk-browser has a new developer in charge of it and that 32 bit is being supported!

Just in case he isn't already aware.

If he is and you are, then disregard this message entirely.

And peace to you and good night to you and all here!

47 (edited by bemc 2022-08-24 14:17:00)

I am in the mood of doing a new donation to Hyperbola. Is the wire transfer method still available? I know that the bank details at the website are not updated anymore, so I requested the updated information to Emulatorman and also donate@hyperbola.info. But until no answer.

Hey, you can use Wise for the wire transfer: https://wise.com/
I have talked with Emulatorman: Yes, Wise is not the best idea for privacy et all but foremost it is also a support to handle the transfer easily.

bemc wrote:

I am in the mood of doing a new donation to Hyperbola. Is the wire transfer method still available? I know that the bank details at the website are not updated anymore, so I requested the updated information to Emulatorman and also donate@hyperbola.info. But until no answer.

https://wiki.hyperbola.info/doku.php?id … _transfers bank transfer details work

There are multiple ways to donate, not only money. Yes, money is support for further financial safety towards developers for HyperbolaBSD. But you also contribute in other ways: Packaging, documentation, testing and so much more. Just to remember that Hyperbola is and will be always a project from the community for the community. smile