Topic: photorec will not work

I installed testdisk package to recover files which I deleted with rm -rf * on the wrong directory.  The tool to do this seem to be photorec.  But I get an error when running it:
# photorec
photorec: error while loading shared libraries: libntfs-3g.so.88: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Re: photorec will not work

Thanks for reporting: Seems there is version-conflict with our renewed ntfs-3g. I have rebuild the package testdisk local and got it therefore working. Will commit that change later. The problem is: We provide no longer the library libntfs-3g.so.88, instead it is libntfs-3g.so.89. So for sure there as a problem then!

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

Okay, not much to rebuild besides:

testdisk
partclone

Both now on the list to be fixed therefore.

Human being in favor with clear principles and so also for freedom in soft- and hardware!

Certainly anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices: For a life of every being full with peace and kindness, including diversity and freedom. Capitalism is destroying our minds, the planet itself and the universe in the end!

throgh wrote:

Okay, not much to rebuild besides:

testdisk
partclone

Both now on the list to be fixed therefore.

I have some good news and bad news,

I'll start with the bad:

Ypu were right, melonDS isn't worth it , they are adding wayland as a dependency, which is completely unnecessary.

The good news, I found a way better one, only issue is getting it working with sndio, I believe, otherwise it loads usually fine.

https://github.com/Hydr8gon/NooDS

However, you can tell me if this comes close to what you would consider reasonable.

Btw, with regard to runit, what did you need testing on, just curious. My only issue with using it now, probably would be the whole "tpad-tools"  needs to be removed, I Think... and also zzz.

That being said, I have a lot to do today, I will try to get some of it done, but I need to cook today and other stuff, so no promises.

peace tho!

smile

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

For sure it is not good to loose some needful and beloved package. Nevertheless: tpad-tools may be integrated again if there is a port possible towards runit. But I'd like to remember also: We need all packages to be ported towards the BSD-base to come. So the decision to be made for a removal has its roots there.

6 (edited by zapper 2022-11-06 11:59:07)

throgh wrote:

For sure it is not good to loose some needful and beloved package. Nevertheless: tpad-tools may be integrated again if there is a port possible towards runit. But I'd like to remember also: We need all packages to be ported towards the BSD-base to come. So the decision to be made for a removal has its roots there.

Good to know, but wondering about the other thing I mentioned.

My memory is foggy, but will portaudio exist in the new version of Hyperbola?

Aka, the BSD variant?

Reason being, that and wxgtk3 are both needed for NooDS.

This is nothing compared to what desmume or melonDS require.

Although, I may have figured out why my sound isn't working now...

I feel so beyond silly...

tongue

Will let you know if it actually can work...

Aka, I am missing a package.

EDIT Again: 
think it is a sndio failure... weird.

This is more or less it, although, if you close it early after you start it, there is another bit of feedback  that I have gotten... gonna add it to that issue first though...

wink

HyperbolaBSD: The Future of Secure Libre Lightweight Operating Systems!

You can always use the issue-tracker when you have more information about missing or malfunctional features, CVE-reports or other things. Nevertheless: The sndio-capabilities for portaudio being added again into and also photorec is getting its fix with a version-bump to be recompiled with the newer version of ntfs-3g.

Thread is closed therefore! smile